• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What made you a Bulls diehard?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

I live in Tampa.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869

Would it be all those wonderful coeds?  

Would it be forging my iron bladder with $4 pitchers at the Copper Top pub?  

Would it be the $2.08 for Chicken Chow Mein at the Shanghai Express on Fowler?  

Would it be all the money I spent back in the day for Punch Amps and Speakers at the Sound Advice on Fowler?  

Would it be all the wild parties at the apartments on 50th Street?  

Would it be scrouging for box tops to get that free Gumby's Pizza?  

Would it be killing all the roaches in the Village on campus, the scene looked like something out of Aliens.

Would it be living in Beta for one year?

Would it be all that Chili Frito Corn Chip surprise and Steaks cooked on Sheep Dung brickets from the meal plan?

All of these and. . .

Football, yes.

Athletic Training Center, yes.

Bulls Club, yes.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Got hooked watching terrible Bulls basketball teams in 1987-88. Gosh those days were fun....

Been an addicted Bulls fan ever since.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Well I just love college football.  I grew up in Michigan and was a Wolverine fan.  I moved to Tampa for a job from 1995-2000.  I saw the program start from scratch.  I watched the 80-3 blowout on the first night in 97 and was hooked.  Immediately became a diehard follower.  I watch other games but the bulls are now the only team I truly follow.  I moved away in 2000, but continued to follow the bulls.  I listen to every game on the internet or watch on Espn gameplan.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I became a die-hard because I go here...and because I absolutely love sports.  It just seemed natural that I'd go to all games and show all my support.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

I decided to attend the first ever USF football game with some of my friends. Keep in mind, that I was going to attend school at UF because I was so excited during my trip to the swamp to watch Danny Wueffel's last game against South Carolina. I got back home and told my friends that I could not wait to head up to school in Gainesville. Well, I changed my mind after going to that first ever USF football game. I just feel in love with the school and football program from there. I have to say that each year since then, I have gotten even more crazier and excited about the USF program. I consider myself very lucky because I was there to see the first ever USF football game.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

I'd say mostly the undeniable maelstrom (stampede, if you will) that is Bulls spirit. I spent probably my first year being stubborn and adhering only to my other alma mater, but after a year in the trenches, especially with some of the most spirited students on campus (my assistantship was with CAB, also sharing an office with Homecoming) I couldn't help it.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I'd say mostly the undeniable maelstrom (stampede, if you will) that is Bulls spirit. I spent probably my first year being stubborn and adhering only to my other alma mater, but after a year in the trenches, especially with some of the most spirited students on campus (my assistantship was with CAB, also sharing an office with Homecoming) I couldn't help it.

Well I guess I had a little part in that since I was in both, CAB and Homecoming.  I thought you had a lot of school spirit at USF, including your 1st year.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  318

How about a 1979 degree and a wish to have a football and basketball program to brag on.  Getting there folks, we're getting there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I should probably add that I credit USF and entities within it for making me who I am and for empowering me to do what I do. Like a third parent, really. Kosove, Leadership House, Beefstuds, Student Bulls Club, Molecular Genomics research to name a few.