• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are munchkins???   Whats up Doc?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

We are used to being underdogs and are almost always underrated by everyone at the beginning of each season.  We will just have to wait and see how our offense does this year to see if we will prove them wrong again.  

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11

I forgot that you guys are 9-11 over the last two years. We really should be on the look out for a team that is below .500 at the 1AA level.

That's the biggest concern.  If a game like this was pre season of a year prior to when McNeese went into a tailspin I'd be very optimistic about the Cowboys having a shot to make it a game and I wouldn't even put the odds of them winning out of the realm of reasonable possibility.  But McNeese just missed the playoffs for two consecutive years for the first time since 1989 - 1990.  I'm hoping for an indication that it was an abberation and things are back on track but it's just that...hope.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11

We are used to being underdogs and are almost always underrated by everyone at the beginning of each season.  We will just have to wait and see how our offense does this year to see if we will prove them wrong again.  

I don't think it's as much USF being underrated as Texas Tech having been good in the past few years.  The Raiders finished as a top 25 team by almost any measure one might want to look up in the past two years while South Florida's been pretty much in the 40s or 50s.  You can see that for last year at http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare2005.htm .

Plus, frankly (as someone else mentions), Texas Tech does run it up when it gets the chance.  You could even see that in it's bowl game against Navy in 2004.  Their coach has zero class in that regard.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140

Doc, did you graduate in '72 (re. your name)?  That's the same Year I did from USF.  It was a good year.

Yeah, I graduated from McNeese in 72 and from the LSU School of Dentistry in 76.   People tell me I'm old but I don't feel and act like it most of the time.

By the way, it's McNeese first and I've cooled off a lot the last 20 years on LSU.   I don't like how a lot of the Tank Top Nation fans act.

Doc

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  48

<and yes, just because you are trying to prove something to yourself and the usf fans by coming on here and rambling with as many multi-syllabal words as possible doesn't mean that i can automatically kick your ass.  but likewise, it also doesn't mean that i couldn't.    >>

First, the correct word is syllable, with only one A.  I find it helpful to at least know how to spell a word when I'm attempting to conduct a lecture on it, but that's just me.  

Second, I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of available polysyllabic words.  However, if it will help you keep up and contribute meaningfully, I'll try to rein myself in and stay under three syllables per word, because that's the kinda of altruistic guy I am.  Something tells me that even if I do limit the syllables to three, you'll still learn lots of neat and interesting new words.

And with regard to that whole ass kicking thing, suffice it to say that your postings up to this point only suggest that you have an educational deficiency.  Trying it would be proof positive  ;)

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

ok, so you have proved that you can spell better then i can and probably type better.  what does that really mean?  not a lot.  has nothing to do with my ability to communicate in person when it really counts and most of the money is made (atleast in my business)  

i could careless about all that though.  thats not why i am here.  i am here to talk about USF football and every once in a while put up with a smart ass like yourself who obviously takes an extreme amount of pride in your message board convo.  fact is,  USF is gonna roll all over mcnesse st and you will crawl back into your hole and we will go on to possible bowl contention and you guys will live out your pathetic exsistance stuck in 1-aa.  

you still never answered if you were going to the game?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20

we will go on to possible bowl contention

I don't think the 5-7, 4th place Big East team will make a bowl game.  Sorry.

i guess being a 1-aa school you don't really understand how these mythical legends known as bowl games really work.  see, if you are in a conference you have certain TIE-IN bowl games.  as long as a 4th place team from the big east is bowl eligable...they go to a bowl.  thanks for playing, have a nice day.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  48

The ability to weild the english language with precision and to communicate well are illustrative as to overall intelligence and conceptualization skills.  In a nutshell, if one can't conceptualize, one can't communicate, and let's face it, online communication is fundamentally nothing more than conceptualization.

Generally when a person has a communication problem, it's verbal in nature, because they might get tongue-tied, nervous or simply think faster than they can compel their mouth to enunciate those thoughts....

You're the first guy I've ever encountered who professes to be better at verbal communication than he is at conceptualization.

The only way that happens is if you don't know what in the hell you're talking about  ;)

And, unfortunately, I won't be able to make the game.  I'm stuck in New Orleans on some Post-Katrina projects

haha...you had to edit yourself...huh.

5-7...ok...sure.