• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question About Students

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Just wondering if USF has anything in place to transport students over to RayJay for home football games via buses.  I know the school to the East does this, and I think its a good idea for those who have no way of getting over.  For all the arguments that there aren't enough students at the game, this could be one way of involving more of them.  

Any thoughts on this?  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I think it's a great idea and should be ... Mutt mentioned it on another thread... asking about it.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698
  • Days Won:  0

Its a great idea, I know there was nothing when I was living over there and that was always a risky drunk drive, not that I ever did that...

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

Student Government sponsors busses from campus to Ray Jay, and have for several years now.  They start running up to 3 hours before kickoff.  It's a great service, I'm sure one of the SG people on here has more infot than me.  

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77

USF does have a few busses that will take students to the game. I remember a few years back when I was living on campus a bunch of us were waiting for the busses until someone came out to tell us there is only a couple busses that go to the game and they have already left and there would be no more coming back for us.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Thats good to know.  It sounds like we might need a few more busses.  I read on the UCF site that they have 25 busses that transport students from their campus to the Citrus Bowl.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

there have always been the bullrunner shuttles going to the games since ive been a student.  however, since you cant bring any beer on board to tailgate with and they usually leave at a set time and not when the game is over, i.e.  the shuttle will leave promptly at 10:30 if the game is over or not....  most students do not take this option serious.  

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

There are 9 buses that will be going each game. The busses start leaving right after the game has ended.

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

... The busses start leaving right after the game has ended.

They may be empty as fans will still be in The BULL Pen.

Students need to contact SG to get the straight story.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I've taken the shuttle before, they make annoucements telling students that the busses will be leaving after the game.  It's usually not right away, they do wait 10-15 min after the game is done to make sure they can leave.  They do not leave with empty busses.