• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Projects 2 BCS Bids for BE

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Question...

With the BCS conferences, it's only possible for the Big 10 to have more than one undefeated team - correct?  All other conferences have all teams playing each other or a championship game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

International Bowl

Jan. 6, noon ET, ESPN2

And I should be able to make this game ... the others are too close to New Years Eve ... kinda a deal I made with the Mrs.

But maybe next season !  8-)

Does this deal have an exclusion permitting you to attend any BCS Bowl?  The Orange Bowl is January 2nd (I think)

-- Grouper --

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

If any eligible Big East team is to go to Toronto, it should be a northeastern located one.  Having the Bulls travel to Toronto would kill any chance of this bowl surviving.

I'd prefer Birmingham over Toronto, just based upon potential fan travel base.  Of course, it's BCS or Bust in my book, but I'll be pleased with any bowl.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Question...

With the BCS conferences, it's only possible for the Big 10 to have more than one undefeated team - correct?  All other conferences have all teams playing each other or a championship game.

I think that is correct.  ACC, SEC and Big 12 all have conf championship games, so only one undefeated team there, but I am not totally sure if the Pac 10 plays all opponents, but I think so.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Montreal isnt all that close to Toronto.  4 hr drive min.

They have jet airplanes for specifically this reason. You'd skip out on seeing the hotness of French Canadian women for that?  8-)

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

The thing about bowl games now are that there are too many. That means that some bowls wont have their conference representatives to choose from this season which means bowl games will wheel and deal. It has become comical these last two years on how bowl games decide to trade teams just to get more money for their bowl. Dont be suprised to see the Champs Sports bowl wheel and deal for a team that is close like USF if they dont get an attractive BIG TEN or ACC team in the future. It makes sense for these bowls to get more regional, so that the fans can get to the game.

The thing about bowl games now are that there are too many. That means that some bowls wont have their conference representatives to choose from this season which means bowl games will wheel and deal. It has become comical these last two years on how bowl games decide to trade teams just to get more money for their bowl. Dont be suprised to see the Champs Sports bowl wheel and deal for a team that is close like USF if they dont get an attractive BIG TEN or ACC team in the future. It makes sense for these bowls to get more regional, so that the fans can get to the game.

While you are right that there are too many bowls, I doubt you will see too much dealing to get a local team.  Most bowl committees want out-of-town fans -- they are, after all, usually pushed by tourist orgaizations and chambers of commerce.  For some bowl committees, they don't mind losing 33-50% of ticket sales in exchange for all the out of town money that comes in.

However, it's possible that Champs could go for USF because it is the 2nd bowl in Orlando and just how many more tourists could Orlando draw??  My argument really works for places like Shreveport (Independence), El Paso (Sun), etc.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

brimingham or toronto?

what a tough  choice