• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SPT:  QBs fell short, coordinator says

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Hmm.  So I might assume it will return immediately following another UCONN like loss.   ;)

mcmahon-e.jpg

"You are correct, sir!"

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

times.gif

USF: QBs fell short, coordinator says

senior Pat Julmiste or redshirt freshman Matt Grothe - doing much to impress offensive coordinator Rod Smith.

"Neither one of them looked good (Wednesday night). Neither one played to my standards," Smith said after a 75-play workout. "Missed assignments, putting the ball on the ground. A lot of mental errors that snowballed. We're not ready to play right now."

AMEN ;D

WELL SAID! thanks......

One major point about this, PAT is a 5th YEAR SENIOR, Grothe is a redshirt FRESHMAN.  If PJ is still not impressing, why even bother playing him.  He has had his time to shine and improve.  Give the reigns to Grothe and let him learn and grow.  Its obvious PJ just hasnt panned out, and many of us knew that 3 years ago.

Guest Sprtsfn627
We're already m,aking excuses for our poor offensive play....one week we look good, next week we look terrible...sounds just about like the past 3 seasons to me.

notice that beastiebull has the same logo as smazza...and as time has gone on, he keeps acting more and more like smazza....is it just me?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Who to start   Who to start  Who to start    As Red Foreman would say "Dumb Ass,  you start the guy you think gives you the best chance to win"  I don't care if it is a 17 year old true freshman or a 37 year old 12th year Senior.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

We're already m,aking excuses for our poor offensive play....one week we look good, next week we look terrible...sounds just about like the past 3 seasons to me.

notice that beastiebull has the same logo as smazza...and as time has gone on, he keeps acting more and more like smazza....is it just me?

;)

I think once the season starts ... they will see better things.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Who to start   Who to start  Who to start    As Red Foreman would say "Dumb Ass,  you start the guy you think gives you the best chance to win"  I don't care if it is a 17 year old true freshman or a 37 year old 12th year Senior.

you are kidding yourself if you think pj gives usf a better chance to win than grothe

dont forget leavitt once chose glenn gaunt over  mb to the start the season

and it was my screaming and the usf chants for mb in san dieg that changed the tide

i will trust my eyes and judgment over leavitt's and rod smith

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Yeah what am I thinking.  Our offense has been extremely consistent over the past 3 years.  I'm just absurd.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

;D

I know about the past 3 years ... but tell me about the 2006 season, I haven't seen anything to complain about.

What's the win-loss so far ... what's the TD to INT ratio ?

We haven't even played a series and you already are comparing 2006 to another bad season.

Calma

8-)

;D

I know about the past 3 years ... but tell me about the 2006 season, I haven't seen anything to complain about.

What's the win-loss so far ... what's the TD to INT ratio ?

We haven't even played a series and you already are comparing 2006 to another bad season.

Calma

8-)

ET- NO ONE HAS A CRYSTAL BALL

WE can only base future on past to a certain degree

pj,a 5th year senior has a substantial body of work prior to sept 2 2006.based on that i can tell you he is not a going to put up good numbers.it aint going to happen.more likely he will put up similar numbers that got him his #98 ranking as qb

could he do better? yes but very unlikely

grothe, has no body of work so he has unlimited potential or he could fall on his face

i would take my chances on mr florida runner up becuase he is qb of future unless leavitt determined grothe isnt our future qb