• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many _____ does it take to screw in a lightbul

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Came across this:

HOW MANY SEC STUDENTS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB? (Note - this is all in good fun. Please don't bash me if you don't like the bit about your school. Every gets stung a bit on this one)

At VANDERBILT: it takes two, one to change the bulb and one more to explain how they did it every bit as good as the bulbs changed at Harvard.

At GEORGIA: it takes two, one to change the bulb and one to phone an engineer at Georgia Tech for instructions.

At FLORIDA: it takes four, one to screw in the bulb and three to figure out how to get stoned off the old one.

At ALABAMA: it takes five, one to change it, two to reminisce about how The Bear would have done it, and one to throw the old bulb at an NCAA investigator and one to throw the other old bulb at Fulmer.

At OLE MISS: it takes six, one to change it, two to mix the drinks and three to find the perfect J. Crew outfit to wear for the occasion.

At LSU: it takes seven, and each one gets credit for five semester hours.

At KENTUCKY: it takes eight, one to screw it in and seven to discuss how much brighter it seems to shine during basketball season.

At TENNESSEE: it takes ten, two to figure out how to screw it in, two to buy an orange lampshade, and six to phone a radio call-in show and talk about how much they hate Alabama.

At MISSISSIPPI STATE: it takes fifteen, one to screw in the bulb, two to buy the Skoal, and twelve to yell, "GO TO HELL, OLE MISS".

At AUBURN: it takes one hundred, one to change it, forty-nine to talk about how they did it better than at Bama, and fifty to get drunk and roll Toomer's Corner when finished.

At SOUTH CAROLINA: it takes 80,000, one to screw it in and 79,999 to discuss how this finally will be the year that they have a decent football team.

At ARKANSAS: None. There is no electricity in Arkansas.

so I pose the question: How many Bulls faithful does it take to change a lightbulb?

(My answer: 66. 1 to change it, 50 to boast about how we changed it in less than 10 years, 9 to talk about how we'll be changing light bulbs with the "big three" in no time, and 6 to point out that UCF isn't even in our lightbulb-changing league. And the 1 that changed it was Jim Leavitt, the only one who's ever changed lightbulbs around here. In fact, he lit up this place from the ground up!)

Guest Bullitt

At USF: it takes 2, one to screw it in the bulb, and Shoop to say it doesn't look like the right shade of white for a USF bulb.  ;)

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  318

At USF:  We don't change lightbulbs.  We aren't afraid of the dark!

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

I have to say I love the Arkansas line..sorry if anyone on here is from there, but that is pretty good...

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

a good friend of mine is a native Arkansan and an an Arkansas grad, and I definitely found it highly amusing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

At USF: it takes 2, one to screw it in the bulb, and Shoop to say it doesn't look like the right shade of white for a USF bulb.  ;)

...and I would argue the "60 Watts" should be in green letters instead of black.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

...and I would argue the "60 Watts" should be in green letters instead of black.

HAHA! its funny because its true

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

USF:  2 - One to change it and the other to swat the gnats attracted to it.

UCF. One. They hold the lightbuld and assume the world will spin around them....

I thought that would be U.M.

At UCF it only takes 1, but he/she always wonders why USF's bulb is SO much brighter.