• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

another one gets away

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

By: Harry Psaros

Publisher

Date: Aug 9, 2006

The University of Pittsburgh continues to pursue some of the top talent in the state of Florida. Defensive Ends Coach Charlie Partridge has entrenched the Panther with a blue-chip defensive end prospect from Hollywood, FL. Will this player visit Pitt? Read on for details.

“I have offers from Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Rutgers, Alabama, Arizona State and Auburn,†stated blue-chip defensive end Jabaal Sheard (6-foot-4 inches, 240 pounds) from Hollywood Hills High School in Hollywood, FL. “I don’t have a leader right now, but I’m very interested in taking a closer look at Pittsburgh, Rutgers and South Carolina.â€Â

Scout.com ranks Sheard a “four-star†prospect and the 19th best defensive end in the nation. He registered 28 tackles and 8 sacks as a junior.

“I’m looking for a school that offers me playing time and a diverse mix of students,†he said. “I want a student population that’s diverse and allows for personal growth. I’m big city type of guy as well. I’m not sure I can handle a country school.â€Â

“It’s important that I connect and feel comfortable with the coaching staff. I’m going to try to spend time with staff members when I take my official visits.â€Â

Jabaal is capable of bench pressing 370 pounds and running the forty-yard dash in 4.6 seconds. He has been a two-year starter for Hollywood Hills High School.

When asked about his strengths, he stated, “I have a good combination of size and strength. I guess you could call me a bull rusher. I like to overpower people.â€Â

“Pittsburgh is definitely going to be one of the schools I visit. I like everything I have heard about them. The distance doesn’t bother me. I want to go to one of their better games this season. I haven’t set it up yet, but I’ll talk to Coach (Charlie) Partridge about it soon.â€Â

“Jabaal is 6-foot-4 inches tall, 240 pounds and very athletic,†stated Hollywood Hills High School Head Football Coach Al Lang. “He’s impossible to block one-on-one.â€Â

“Jabaal is wide open at this point but I know he’s high interested in the Pittsburgh Panthers. Coach (Dave) Wannstedt would be picking up a great player. He’s totally dependable. I don’t believe he’s ever missed a single practice.â€Â

Harry G. Psaros can be contacted at harrypsaros@msn.com.

why is usf not in the mix?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Maybe because the kid wants to play out of state? It's the same reason that UF, FSU, and UM aren't in the mix.

we cant get outrecruited by pitt

they killed us last season in recruiting

usf needs to hold serve in the state

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

How can one get away when we never offered ... far from worried.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

if we got every player in state, we'd have 7500 people on our team, but at least pitt wouldn't have any FL players.  ::)

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

if this guy is a true 4star DT then we should have at least looked and maybe offered...what did we have to lose?

does make you wonder why the big 3 have no intrest and of the schools that have offered he shy's away from the top SEC schools...does he not want to be among the best athlethes?

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

He had a few questions as far as quickness and durability.  USF was waiting to see more before they offered.  Good move.  There is a ton of DLine talent this year.

How can one get away when we never offered ... far from worried.

Go BULLS !!!

that is the scarriest part

we arent identifying the talent

if we got every player in state, we'd have 7500 people on our team, but at least pitt wouldn't have any FL players.  ::)

we have none in top 20 big east new players

a few big east all americans compared to what we should have

we  arent  bringing in the talent needed to compete for big east title

look what pitt has done in last 2 years