• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Moving Football games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

For those that were complaining about date changes;

Memphis has just announced that their Home game vs UL will be moved to wed or thu night for ESPN. Also their Homegame vs USM might be moved to  friday night also for ESPN.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,578
  • Days Won:  29

Game moving is part of the deal . . .

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

For those that were complaining about date changes;

Memphis has just announced that their Home game vs UL will be moved to wed or thu night for ESPN.

You left out one important thing from the article:

It was also announced that ESPN had expressed the possibility of moving the Tigers' game with South Florida from Saturday, November 27 to Friday, November 26. That decision will not be made until later in the season

http://gotigersgo.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/042304aaa.html

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,745
  • Days Won:  3

See...this stuff doesn't bother me. Game day is game day...plain and simple. I bought the season tix and I'll be in my seats before kickoff.

Just out of curiosity...what are some of the reasons why moving game days is such a traumatic event for some people? I'm not being a smart ass, I just have a tough time believing that for a sub-set of six nights of the year, it's that big of a deal.  8)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  0

I agree anything to get our bulls in the national spotlight sounds like a good Idea to me.  I will be there whenever

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Looks like we're getting another one moved

USF Might Get More National Exposure

A Tribune staff, wire report

Published: Apr 25, 2004

TAMPA - ESPN and Conference USA officials are interested in moving another USF home football game.

Two weeks after ESPN expressed interest in moving South Florida's season opener against Pittsburgh from Sept. 4 to Labor Day, Sept. 6, the sides are interested in moving the Bulls' regular-season finale against Memphis from Nov. 27 to Nov. 26.

The two ESPN games would give the Bulls valuable national exposure, but likely would hurt attendance. It also would give the Bulls a short preparation week for both games.

USF will appear on ESPN/ESPN2 in a Friday night road game at Louisville on Oct. 22.

Gregg Becnel

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

It is VERY important as we move to a BCS conference,that USF becomes a better known team around the nation. THe main way to do it is by playing on TV and winning. If we do not play on TV it will hurt us and our conference. The BE winner and representative to that BCS Bowl MUST be known nationally. If we do not take advantage of these tv apperances it will come back ti haunt us when we are the BE champ and most of the nation does not know us (it will hurt that bowls tv rating and it will comeback to hurt BE n USF)

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I have no problem with moving games to garner T.V. viewership, however,as long as impacts regarding attendance are minimized, it does help USF to be on T.V. with lackluster attendance.  USF must strive for balance between T.V. and attendance.