• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Changes You Would Like to the Game Day Experience

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

- I just have a comment regarding the location of the student section and those who think it should be moved. You're wrong. The students are going to mingle, and the best mingling area in ANY stadium - pretty much anywhere - is around the pirate ship. Period. End of argument.

Wll ... many USF students currently may mingle ... and if you are mingling, you are not cheering well enough as a whole for USF. But I don't think this is much of an issue. Students seem to hold pretty strong in the end zone(and hopefully we can continue to wrap around the corners). But they do the same as too many fans, leave early  :-[

I was just saying that like it or not, it's going to happen. Not all the students are there for the game, some are there because it's the place to be. Which is fine, because eventually in their 2nd or 3rd game, they'll start working their way into the game and less into the drinkin and hangin out. Next thing you know, they're sittin down in row 1 with facepaint on, gettin rowdy.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

... because eventually in their 2nd or 3rd game, they'll start working their way into the game and less into the drinkin and hangin out. Next thing you know, they're sittin down in row 1 with facepaint on, gettin rowdy.

Now I LOVE this evolution  8-)

- FIX the entrances. Visiting team comes out. Long pause. Then you hear a long rumbling sound(forgive me E.T. - STAMPEDE!)......and THEN you run the Bulls entrance video.  You HAVE to give the Bulls fans a chance to boo the opposing team, settle down, and then cheer for the Bulls. Every year, this has gotten worse(the timing), and last year was a cluster eff.

I just have to 3rd this ... it never comes off smoothly, hopefully this WILL be corrected.

You guys forgetting that when the visiting team comes out is determined by...

the visiting team!!

Most visitors WANT TO WAIT until the last minue to prevent the fans from getting excited.

So I would never expect to change the timing of when the teams come out of the tunnels.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

- FIX the entrances. Visiting team comes out. Long pause. Then you hear a long rumbling sound(forgive me E.T. - STAMPEDE!)......and THEN you run the Bulls entrance video.  You HAVE to give the Bulls fans a chance to boo the opposing team, settle down, and then cheer for the Bulls. Every year, this has gotten worse(the timing), and last year was a cluster eff.

I just have to 3rd this ... it never comes off smoothly, hopefully this WILL be corrected.

You guys forgetting that when the visiting team comes out is determined by...

the visiting team!!

Most visitors WANT TO WAIT until the last minue to prevent the fans from getting excited.

So I would never expect to change the timing of when the teams come out of the tunnels.

Correct...that's why in many big games (those with large LOUD crowds), you will see the visiting team come out almost at the same time as the HOME team...the BOOS are drowned out obviously by all the cheering and the Home Team's Marching Band.

KL

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

Like the band music and agree that it should have it over the speaker system.

Would also the boys to be able to play football while we tailgate.  The fact that RJS doesn't allow it forces us to park at HCC where they can.  

on an completely unrelated topic, Snarling Bull should get some type of award for the best logo name...the flashing USF rocks. nice work!

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Traditional bands is a must.  I would go a step further and have microphones near the band in order to pipe the band music over the speakers, especially after a touchdown.  At times it's hard to hear the band after a score.  This would also help in everyone chanting "S-O-U-T-H F-L-O-R-I-D-A" at the end of the fight song.  

Putting the band over the speakers is an insult to the band.

It basicly sends a message that they aren't good/strong enough to make themselves heard, so they need a microphone's help.  If they can't be heard, play louder.

HOT is better than that as only Miami's band is THAT bad to require using microphones.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

-  Less Beef Studs on the jumbotron.

thank you.  they only come to football games, and never support any other sport here at usf, they pick one game in basketball to come out to and thats it.  they don't deserve the support they get.  they also consider themselves the kamronkrazies(sp?) of usf.  but they would mean they would have to come out to basketball games, now doesn't it?

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

miamis band is pretty good.  i've had about 3 or 4 friends from high school play in it, and i could hear them fine, even heard two of my friends who play tuba, by themselves.  nothing wrong with putting the band on the loudspeakers

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I did not know that about the visiting team ... anyway ... we still need to have our timing down !

I could care less about booing the enemy.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

how bout being able to tailgate earlier than what we do now?  people at other schools tailgate most of the day, we are lucky to get maybe two hours in, if that.

What??  Only two hours??   That sucks bigtime!

At McNeese people start showing up by Friday at noon to set up in the reserved tailgating areas.  They tailgate Friday afternoon and the people in the travel trailers and motorhomes spend the night.   We tailgate all day Saturday until the game at 7PM and then tailgate some after the game.   People spend Saturday night in the tailgate area and most are gone by noon on Sunday.

Below, a shot of the Westside Reserved Tailgating area taken about 1PM on Saturday.  Shot was taken from the second floor of the Frost Factory (frozen drink bar) across the street. There is also an reserved area on the Eastside of the Stadium.

suu04westside.jpg

Doc

P.S.  Sorry to bore you guys if you aren't interested in this.   It's just hard for me to believe that you guys are limited to two hours tailgating.   That would ruin the whole party atmosphere at McNeese (and probably cause a riot).

Edit:  I see in the post following the one I quoted where it is longer than two hours.   Still not enought time.

The two hour thing is only for the parking lots just north and south of RJS you can park at the old mail ( the bucs new practice facilities) any time and note if you get there early enough you can park for free.

Also on the band issue this is college football not the NFL the band are a must I am though not a fan of the away team bring their bands unless it is a in state game.-

Doc my family start our tailgating for to five hours before the game stop by