• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how many season tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614
  • Days Won:  0

Really hoping that people get excited and we can get closer to 18K ... but it is a good sign that we have been atleast at the same level the past 3 years ... but with the Big East(BCS) you would think more fans would jump on board.

We have Miami coming and they better get their seats before the good ones are gone for The BULL PEN !

Hope we get an announcement soon about a future game(s) on contract.

Go BULLS !!!

Where did you read that?  He said he expected to exceed 2005's total.  Whether that's one tix more or 2000 more it remains to be seen. :P

Actually something people forgot to mention that when practice started last year season tickets sold were around 15,000.  I've heard that as the season draws near they always get a last minute surge from fan interest, and last minute purchasers.  The fact we're already well over 16,000 tells me that 17,000 is highly likely (although my contact had told me the other day we were close to 17,000- :-X), and who knows, 18,000 or close to it could be an outside possibility.

Mr Louk doesn't seem to agree with you.

According to Mr Louk there was a slight drop in ticket sales from 2004 to 2005.

Where did you read that? He said he expected to exceed 2005's total. Whether that's one tix more or 2000 more it remains to be seen.  

The Tampa Tribune.. it's been quoted a number of times on this thread already.

USF assistant AD Jim Louk said Tuesday about 16,000 season tickets already had been sold and he expects to pass last year's numbers. USF sold 16,261 season tickets in 2005 and 16,374 in 2004. In USF's nine seasons, the Bulls have sold at least 16,000 season tickets, including a record 18,500 in the 1997 inaugural season.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't appear that the Class of 06 has been knocking the doors down to get season tickets.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a college graduate usually needs to get a JOB and establish themselves before they can consider buying season tickets. This is my first year as a season ticket holder. I am a graduate of the Class of '03, but I went on to law school and now I am FINALLY in a position where I could buy season tickets. I think that this is the case for many recent graduates; need to start a family/career/finish schooling before buying those tix.

Season tickets start at just $119.

If what you say is on the mark...then the classes of 01, '02 and '03 aren't exactly knocking the doors down either.

Remember  to buy season tickets you also must give a donation.  Also, let's presume that those people might want a companion ticket.  SO, double that cost, add a $100 donation, and then you're getting the effect.  Now, tell someone that's making say $40k, with a car payment, insurance, apartment, utilities, and [highlight]entertainment [/highlight]and misc. living expenses to insure they carve out roughly $350 [highlight]plus service charges, and tax.[/highlight]  Bring your total to over $375 minimum for what's undoubtly the worst seats in the house.  That's a car payment, a rent payment, etc.  That's a person that's roughly making $1,200 every two weeks and the expenses I mentioned above, presuming they try to live comfortably, will be minimally $1,800, before weekly [highlight]entertainment,[/highlight] groceries, gas, clothes, etc.

It isn't that easy.  Oh, and don't forget your alumni association dues, and....it all adds up.

Excuse me but, I believe you are wrong...there isn't any donation required to purchase season tickets for $119 each.

If a college grad making $40 grand can't afford $119 a year for ($238 for a pair) seats (Entertainment)...they have a serious problem.

I don't know where you get your tickets (maybe you don't have them), but the "service''/handling fee on my season tickets is only $5/account and there isn't any tax added to the price of the tickets.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

It doesn't appear that the Class of 06 has been knocking the doors down to get season tickets.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a college graduate usually needs to get a JOB and establish themselves before they can consider buying season tickets. This is my first year as a season ticket holder. I am a graduate of the Class of '03, but I went on to law school and now I am FINALLY in a position where I could buy season tickets. I think that this is the case for many recent graduates; need to start a family/career/finish schooling before buying those tix.

If what you say is on the mark...then the classes of 01, '02 and '03 aren't exactly knocking the doors down either.

Remember  to buy season tickets you also must give a donation.  Also, let's presume that those people might want a companion ticket.  SO, double that cost, add a $100 donation, and then you're getting the effect.  Now, tell someone that's making say $40k, with a car payment, insurance, apartment, utilities, and [highlight]entertainment [/highlight]and misc. living expenses to insure they carve out roughly $350 plus service charges, and tax.  Bring your total to over $375 minimum for what's undoubtly the worst seats in the house.  That's a car payment, a rent payment, etc.  That's a person that's roughly making $1,200 every two weeks and the expenses I mentioned above, presuming they try to live comfortably, will be minimally $1,800, before weekly [highlight]entertainment,[/highlight] groceries, gas, clothes, etc.

It isn't that easy.  Oh, and don't forget your alumni association dues, and....it all adds up.

Excuse me but, I believe you are wrong...there isn't any donation required to purchase season tickets for $119 each.

If a college grad making $40 grand can't afford $119 a year for ($238 for a pair) seats (Entertainment)...they have a serious problem.

Bien, just say USF alumni suck so turkey will be happy and move on....... This is going nowhere.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Remember  to buy season tickets you also must give a donation.  Also, let's presume that those people might want a companion ticket.  SO, double that cost, add a $100 donation, and then you're getting the effect.  Now, tell someone that's making say $40k, with a car payment, insurance, apartment, utilities, and [highlight]entertainment [/highlight]and misc. living expenses to insure they carve out roughly $350 [highlight]plus service charges, and tax.[/highlight]  Bring your total to over $375 minimum for what's undoubtly the worst seats in the house.  That's a car payment, a rent payment, etc.  That's a person that's roughly making $1,200 every two weeks and the expenses I mentioned above, presuming they try to live comfortably, will be minimally $1,800, before weekly [highlight]entertainment,[/highlight] groceries, gas, clothes, etc.

I don't know where you get your tickets (maybe you don't have them), but the "service''/handling fee on my season tickets is only $5/account and there isn't any tax added to the price of the tickets.

Turkey, I do not think at that point (making $40k) that it is as much about the money when you are talking about entry level season tickets. The problem lies in the donation required to get decent seats. Anything short of $250 and you are behind the 10 yard line, or worse. The problem is that the fan who would buy the cheap season tickets would get worse seats than buying individual game tickets, so there is no incentive to buy those season tickets (except being on the list of ticket holders so you can have priority in upgrading). Once you add the $154 for the decent seats to the $250 donation and the almost $100 to park, the real total is actually about $650 for the season. And lets hope that the season ticket holder and his guest do not get thirsty or hungry during the course of the game. If they were to spend $10 each at each game (a soda and a snack) for refreshments, they are now adding an additional $120 to the cost, making the TOTAL cost of holding two season tickets $778.00 ($389/seat; $65/game/seat). This does not include the potential for other tangible costs such as gasoline, babysitting, etc.) I am not saying that more should not be willing to contribute, but the slow growth is not surprising giving the factors I went over in previous posts.

My point is if they really wanted to go to the games cost of the tickets really isn't going to stop them.....they don't have to become a donor until they can afford it, they don't have to sit in the best seats until they can afford them....many will piss away more than the cost of tickets at the local watering hole.

There are cheap seats that are equal to or better than the seats they had as students....that's better than what they could get at other schools.....ask a Notre Dame grad how they go about getting football tickets after they graduate.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I am sure that since tix are so easy to get now, they may just be getting them game day ... and good seats at that.

Hopefully it is on their future budgets.

Go BULLS !!!

I am sure that since tix are so easy to get now, they may just be getting them game day ... and good seats at that.

Hopefully it is on their future budgets.

Go BULLS !!!

Could it just be that they really don't care that much about football?

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

My point is if they really wanted to go to the games cost of the tickets really isn't going to stop them.....they don't have to become a donor until they can afford it, they don't have to sit in the best seats until they can afford them....many will piss away more than the cost of tickets at the local watering hole.

There are cheap seats that are equal to or better than the seats they had as students....that's better than what they could get at other schools.....ask a Notre Dame grad how they go about getting football tickets after they graduate.

The point is that the person is not going to buy SEASON tickets when they can get better INDIVIDUAL game tickets at or near the same price. These fans are still showing up to some individual games, but they are not investing in season tickets due to the added expense to get the same (or very similar) quality seats. The cost of attending 3 home games is only $300 or so (parking and refreshments included) versus attending 6 home games at a cost of almost $800. That is a sizeable difference and an explanation for our decent attendance despite having lower season ticket sales.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487

A lot of recent USF Alumni that I know still use their old student ID's to get in for free.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

A lot of recent USF Alumni that I know still use their old student ID's to get in for free.

There isn't an expiration date ... or school year? Or do they not check the I.D.'s ?