• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stewart Mandel on BE Bowls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Jihad against the BCS!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

OK, everyone repeat after me,

"Strength of Schedule"  "Strength of Schedule"  "Strength of Schedule"

If our ooc games are better, and we win, then the conference games mean more. One warm-up game, or even an easy one in the middle of the season, and the other 11 games agains top 50 or so teams.

Just win!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614
  • Days Won:  0

OK, everyone repeat after me,

If our ooc games are better, and we win, then the conference games mean more. One warm-up game, or even an easy one in the middle of the season, and the other 11 games agains top 50 or so teams.

Just win!

GO BULLS!

Season opening " tuneup" games:

Miami vs Florida State University

USF vs McNeese State

Florida vs Southern Miss

FAU vs Clemson

FIU vs Middle Tenn

UCF vs Villinova

My point exactly.

And hats off to Coker for discipline WHEN it's needed.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

The ACC has kept no secret that they have Miami play FSU in the first week so that the losing team has ALL season long to get itself back into the BCS hunt. They recognize that those two programs are contenders year-in and year-out and they want their conference to have a legitimate shot at two BCS berths. Who do Miami and FSU play the following week? Answer: FAMU and Troy respectively.

I would say that the Troy, Rice, and Western Michigan games serve as softees in FSU's schedule, while Miami has FAMU, FIU, and Houston.

FSU's only real non-conference game is against Florida.

Get a clue turk.

Bully,  I'm not saying that they don't play some easier teams. I am saying that we have to play better names. They don't have to be great teams, just recognizable names with mediocre records, and WE MUST WIN!

The ACC has kept no secret that they have Miami play FSU in the first week so that the losing team has ALL season long to get itself back into the BCS hunt. They recognize that those two programs are contenders year-in and year-out and they want their conference to have a legitimate shot at two BCS berths. Who do Miami and FSU play the following week? Answer: FAMU and Troy respectively.

I would say that the Troy, Rice, and Western Michigan games serve as softees in FSU's schedule, while Miami has FAMU, FIU, and Houston.

FSU's only real non-conference game is against Florida.

Get a clue turk.

Who does USF play in Week two?

Week 2 Tuneup Games:

Miami vs FAMU

FSU vs Troy

Florida vs UCF

USF vs FIU

FAU vs Kansas State

FIU vs USF

UCF vs Florida

Week 3 Tuneup Games:

Miami vs Louisville*

FSU vs Clemson

Florida vs Tenn (SEC Game)

USF vs UCF

FAU vs Oklahoma State

FIU vs Bowling Green

UCF vs USF

* Louisville "tunesup" against Kentucky, Temple and Miami

That would be Kansas, UCF, and UNC. They are not great teams, but you can only schedule what you can schedule (a Yogi-ism). the bottom line is that most teams' schedules for this year were set before we moved from C-USA to the BE and so we were at a great disadvantage in needing to schedule an additional game from being in a smaller conference. Additionally, the switch to 12 games required us to add another game. Look at the schedule we have lined up in future years, hell look at last year. We are not dodging anyone, its all about availability and intelligent scheduling. Almost every team will have a cupcake on the schedule early on.....just look at it as a pre-season game. I think our upcoming games against Auburn, Miami, Florida, and UNC are a good start to the schedule and I am certain we will add more.

My point was that a LOT of teams have a cupcake scheduled to start the year and the FSU-Miami game is illusory as they both play whipping boy the following week.

And turkey, are we to be in awe over UCF's difficult opener versus Villanova?

Let's compare the first three games of this years schedules.

USF (BE-BCS) plays McNeese ("cupcake"), FIU ("cupcake") and then UCF ("cupcake")

UCF ("C-DOA" "Cupcake") plays Villinova("cupcake"), Florida (BCS), and USF (BCS)

Louisville (BE-BCS)  plays Kentucky (SEC-BCS), Temple ("cupcake"), and Miami (ACC-BCS).

And your point is? Did you read in my post about the scheduling difficulties? They are well documented. It is one thing to say we need to play better teams and harder games, but you can only schedule what is available. I agree that the front quarter of this year's schedule is very weak, but hopefully we can turn that into a positive by beating our two OOC BCS opponents ON THE ROAD and taking care of business in the Big East.