• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IMPORTANT! The same pack...many threads

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

OK, I'll stop bashing Bubbles...    ;)

Guest wildrover

In other words, think like us, talk like us or we'll get rid of you.  There is no room for thoughtful conversation or debate on this board.  We only want those who see the world through USF colored glasses, all others need not apply.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

In other words, think like us, talk like us or we'll get rid of you.  There is no room for thoughtful conversation or debate on this board.  We only want those who see the world through USF colored glasses, all others need not apply.

No WR, you are no where near the list...you need to visit a little more and you would clearly see the reason for the post.  We're not a cheerleader camp, but at the same time, as proprietor of the site, I will not sink my hard earned money into a site that supports repeated and unfounded attacks on the school and its personnel.  Negative comments are fine...repeated maligning of the school, its student-athletes, coaches and administrators will not be tolerated.  Hijacking legitimate threads for the sole purpose of such maligning is reflecting negaitvely on the quality of discussion here.  I don't think I need to say much more, 95% of the crowd here knows exactly the reason for such a stance.

Brad

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Amen.....Brother Bull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

There has been some pretty good feedback on this thread and others as well as emails to me over the last several weeks.

A couple things to clear up:

ALL members of TheBullsPen.com should refrain from personal attacks on other members (unless you are conversing in the UCF-USF Dumbgeon - the ONLY unmoderated board on the site).  This includes the pro-USF crowd, the anti-USF crowd, the pro-Leavitt crowd, the anti-Leavitt crowd, the pro-MCullum crowd and the anti-McCullum crowd and any mix thereof.  I think you get my point.  I do not care if your comments agree with mine, or if you follow all the rules of a good board member please don't give way to attacking others.

Since I posted this I have deleted about 20 posts...some may say too many, some may say not enough.  But I have gotten a good feeling for where our trouble lies.

I ask that all board members follow the basic guidelines stated here before:

1)  Do not make personal attacks against USF staff including coaches, players and administrators.  I do not support such action.  Have intelligent debate at the right times and you'll be fine.

2)  Do not "hijack" threads somewhat related to your gripe and turn into a one-man gripefest about something not intended in the original spirit of the thread.

3)  Do not spam multiple threads with the same basic comment on the same particular subject thinking that in doing so this will make your point more powerful, it won't - it makes it more annoying.  For this reason, re-read 2) - select the best thread for your comments, or, create one yourself and allow conversation to follow your lead.

4)  Allow people that are content or satisfied with a situation to be so - and vice versa.  If each party communicates their satisfaction/dissatisfaction in a courteous and constructive manner, there will be no escalation in rhetoric.

Again, I'd like us to get back to a delete free environment - one that does not require us to add more moderators with delete capabilities.  Also, fwiw, in all the years we have just one banned member at this time (and he really wanted it I think, to become a martyr or something).  I'd rather not add to that, but will if we need too.  In fact, we have a couple options to deal with ongoing indiscretions up to and including a permanent ban.  I'll save those surprises for whomever wishes to continue to push the envelope.  

The purpose of this message is to restate the roles we all have in this online community.  We do not all have to agree with each other, but we do need to keep it a fun, vibrant and constructive place to be around.  If we do not, there is little reason to keep it.

Guest wildrover
There has been some pretty good feedback on this thread and others as well as emails to me over the last several weeks.

A couple things to clear up:

ALL members of TheBullsPen.com should refrain from personal attacks on other members (unless you are conversing in the UCF-USF Dumbgeon - the ONLY unmoderated board on the site).  This includes the pro-USF crowd, the anti-USF crowd, the pro-Leavitt crowd, the anti-Leavitt crowd, the pro-MCullum crowd and the anti-McCullum crowd and any mix thereof.  I think you get my point.  I do not care if your comments agree with mine, or if you follow all the rules of a good board member please don't give way to attacking others.

Since I posted this I have deleted about 20 posts...some may say too many, some may say not enough.  But I have gotten a good feeling for where our trouble lies.

I ask that all board members follow the basic guidelines stated here before:

1)  Do not make personal attacks against USF staff including coaches, players and administrators.  I do not support such action.  Have intelligent debate at the right times and you'll be fine.

2)  Do not "hijack" threads somewhat related to your gripe and turn into a one-man gripefest about something not intended in the original spirit of the thread.

3)  Do not spam multiple threads with the same basic comment on the same particular subject thinking that in doing so this will make your point more powerful, it won't - it makes it more annoying.  For this reason, re-read 2) - select the best thread for your comments, or, create one yourself and allow conversation to follow your lead.

4)  Allow people that are content or satisfied with a situation to be so - and vice versa.  If each party communicates their satisfaction/dissatisfaction in a courteous and constructive manner, there will be no escalation in rhetoric.

Again, I'd like us to get back to a delete free environment - one that does not require us to add more moderators with delete capabilities.  Also, fwiw, in all the years we have just one banned member at this time (and he really wanted it I think, to become a martyr or something).  I'd rather not add to that, but will if we need too.  In fact, we have a couple options to deal with ongoing indiscretions up to and including a permanent ban.  I'll save those surprises for whomever wishes to continue to push the envelope.  

The purpose of this message is to restate the roles we all have in this online community.  We do not all have to agree with each other, but we do need to keep it a fun, vibrant and constructive place to be around.  If we do not, there is little reason to keep it.

Now this one I agree with!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

As all of us do.

Especially those outta state - or country  :o This site will definately save me as I miss some of the HOME games  :'(

Thanx Bulliever !

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

Brad, I just read how you handled this very thing in the "Grass is Greener" thread.  Thank you very much!  I seriously love how you handled that, and it was a textbook example of exactly what you've been saying in this thread.  

USFFanh