• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Bum Deal...  HOT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Listen up you chuckle-heads... (You know who you are) I didn't post this to see whether or not you like the "band geeks" or not. There is a problem and I'd like to fix it. Personally, I think the band at all of the football games is a must. They represent YOU as a BULL. If you think I'm whining, Tuff. I aint gonna stop because they are a part of the Green and the Gold and they are out there supporting people like LOB. Those of you who say you want money for "this or that" is a no brainer. I'd love to see USF football playing BIG TIME and personally I couldn't care less about funding for Basketball, Vollyball, Baseball, Track& field, Golf and the friggin sailing team, but you know what... I support them because they support my school. BALLS TO THE WALL, ALL OR NOTHING BEEEEATCH! :o

Rant # 254

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

Mutt,

You the man.  You and the rest of the Pinellas Alumni Association have always been behind The Herd of Thunder.  I thank you guys for that.

RockyTop,

Stay in TN. If you don't have anything NICE to say, which by reading a lot of your posts it's all negative, then don't even bother writing on this board. Stay on this board: http://tennessee.scout.com/

Everyone else,

As I thanked the Pinellas Alumni Association, I also thank you for your continuing support.  H.O.T. this year already has 190 confirmed members with 330 signed up (140 on the fence).  The leadership corps. listened to the proof of the CD soon to be released and it was HOT.  Yes, there are money woes forcing us not to go on an away game like we did last year to Miami, as well as the whole new uniform issue.  However, The Herd of Thunder will be as strong or even stronger than we were last year for this coming football season.  Both the football and Herd of Thunder programs are relatively new to the University.  It takes time and MONEY to make both organizations top notch.

As always.... GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

So, I see a lot of ********, moaning, and complaining, but no facts.  Have there been any announcements on the status of the band, or is everyone just taking the innuendo to a new level?

So, I see a lot of ********, moaning, and complaining, but no facts.  Have there been any announcements on the status of the band, or is everyone just taking the innuendo to a new level?

There are two things that The Herd cannot do this coming year due to lack of funds:

1. New Uniforms with updated and correct logo and colors

2. Planned a UNC away game, but has been scratched

Those are the only results to this date. The Herd is also co-sponsored by Athletics and College of Visual and Performing Arts. With that said, our organization seems to get overlooked quite often. As The Herd and the football program grow each season, the University will work out the kinks and get both programs on the same page. Afterall, we are 200 students representing our university everytime we put that uniform on. We have the same pride as those that don a football, soccer, baseball, or softball USF uniform.

As always.....GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

I personally don't see any ********, moaning, etc from band members here.  Scott and myself have been quite frank in our posts... we deal with what we have.  It would just be nice to have the $$ to do the upgrades and extras that would help establish us along side with other Big East, and OOC bands/universities.  

If you want facts... I gave all the figures, and also where we don't get the help.  Notice what I posted earlier:

Projected HOT Budget: 06-07 = $530,641  

Projected HOT Uniforms: $150,000

Who pays what?

USF Admin - $302,000 (projected to decrease each year)

USF Foundation - $20,000 (all gone in 07-08!)

Corp Sponsor - $41,000 (never seen, maybe none)

Aux Funds - $20,000 (band fundraise - trying to increase ea yr - like cd sales, etc)

SG or extra fee for ALL students - $55,000 (SG=no $ / students don't want another fee!)

Athletics - $92,000 (post season travel, etc)

*All budget information can be obtianed from the University (Provost's Office) under Sunshine Law, open to the public.*

Notice that no one gives "gift in kinds" (Corp Sponsor) to the band.  We don't have an aged Alumni base to do so yet.  The band is working the best they can to get internal fundraising (ie: CD's!) up and running.  Sorry to say, the bake sale doesn't cut it with these numbers... it didn't cut it when I was in high school ($60,000 total budget) so it really won't now.

We need to improves alumni/gifts and band fundraising, and we need a large donation... if possible.  Otherwise I see some type of general increase in the A&S fee or another fee tacked onto students.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695

Thanks for giving us the facts.  Just bringing us all an awareness of the obstacles that HOT is having is communicating to us all what needs to be done. Hopefully $$$$$ will come in and perhaps there will be a donor that will personally make it their cause to help HOT!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

There are two things that The Herd cannot do this coming year due to lack of funds:

1. New Uniforms with updated and correct logo and colors

2. Planned a UNC away game, but has been scratched

Those are the only results to this date. The Herd is also co-sponsored by Athletics and College of Visual and Performing Arts. With that said, our organization seems to get overlooked quite often. As The Herd and the football program grow each season, the University will work out the kinks and get both programs on the same page. Afterall, we are 200 students representing our university everytime we put that uniform on. We have the same pride as those that don a football, soccer, baseball, or softball USF uniform.

Are you all going to the UCF game this year

Are you all going to the UCF game this year

Yes we will be at the UCF game to witness UCF losing once again.   ;D

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Did the tin men bring there bang last year I can remember I was drinking from 11 am that day  ;D

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Did the tin men bring there bang last year I can remember I was drinking from 11 am that day  ;D

I think they were the bang-ees.   ;)