• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sleeping Giants per CFN.com

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142
  • Days Won:  0

B) They will be surrounded by 20,000 females who live in that town for ONE purpose.

Please tell me exactly what this means because I'm a little upset by this comment if it means what I think it does and find it very degrading!!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Yeah, Gainseville has some bars (at the campus) and oh yeah a mall...  That's about it.  You're still well over 2 hours away from a decent beach, or a building over 5 stories in height.  Simply put, get off campus, and you're in the woods.  

As for Tallahassee, drive 10 minutes in any direction and you're nowhere, just like Gainseville.  I guess you can drive 1-1/2 hours to hit the water.  Or 3 hours on I-10 to Pensacola (or Jacksonville in the other direction).

Twilly, I don't mean to be an ass, but have you been to either city? I was in Tally and Gainesville back in Feb visiting friends and both cities have everything Tampa has to offer except for a few skyscrapers and a beach. I ate at a Fishbone in Gainesville...yes they have nice restaraunts and I ate at a place called DeVoe's with my uncle in Tallahassee.

Your image of these college towns is very skewed. In reality many of these college towns have more restaraunts, bars, movie theaters, and stores than New Tampa alone.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Please tell me exactly what this means because I'm a little upset by this comment if it means what I think it does and find it very degrading!!!!

Oh No! The purpose was college education, sorry Bubbles, I didn't mean it like that!

Guest t.willy

whoo hoo, this is getting interesting......got to be politically correct in what we say don't you know..lo

twilly no problem...mostly having fun.  You know it gets really boring with no football going on .If it wasn't for some folks getting  touchy the board would come to a crawl ... ;D

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with joe on his assessment og gville.  It is bigger then people think, and has everything any town in the bay area has.   All the same chain restaurants, stores, movie theatres and hotels.  The city encompasses a large area from the NW part of town up near devil millhoppers  to the central  part near the university to the SW part of town near archer rd and all its restaurants.  I went to the uf tenn game last year and stayed at a really nice Hilton on 34th street, that just may have been 5 floors!!