• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yankees and Non-Yankess embrace differences

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

All Yankee fans are jackoffs  ;) ;D

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Good thing I'm not a Yankee fan then.   ;D

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

I'll second that!

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Well when you have 26 World Series titles, you sure need to jack off a lot to polish all them trophies. :P :P

Tino Martinez won a World Series with the Yankees, is he a jack off?   ::)  ::)  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567

Jealousy in Baseball is a powerful thing.  Only reasons everyone hates the Yankees is because they are jealous of their success, and they dont understand George Steinbrenner.

Georgie S has been an avid supporter of USF, If he wasnt as successfull as he was we wouldn't have had as much donated to us.  I respect him for his charity.

YANKEES RULE!!!!!!

<---- Fan since 1976!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997

Jealousy in Baseball is a powerful thing.  Only reasons everyone hates the Yankees is because they are jealous of their success, and they dont understand George Steinbrenner.

No, there are many reasons why people don't like the Yankees. Here are a couple of easy ones: The Yankeees are the poster child for a currupt system that allows a major market team to dominate the other teams in the league. Kinda like giving an NFL team three picks in the first round of the draft every year.

The out of town fans are the worst bunch of front running, dreges of society that cheers Ceaser then as soon as Brutus drops the knife  . . . HAIL BRUTUS!! Especially those idiot fans in Tampa who think the Yankees are their hometown team, until the D-Rays are winning then they change allegiance. (See any Yankee game at the Trop and listen) The Yankees are a New York team and anyone in Tampa who claims them is as stupid as the Holiday Inn claiming Paris Hilton because she filmed her little movie there.

Then the hometown fans, well they are New Yorkers. Loud and arrogant northern urbanites that make living in the south such a pleasure, until they invade every winter. The accent alone can make you dislike them, and then you listen to what they are saying and pray for death. Thiers or your own anything to end the association.

Thats just a couple of reasons off the top of my heart why people don't like the Yankees.

So, if someone was a Yankee fan in NY, and then moved to another city, they are supposed to all of a sudden change allegances?  I think NOT!!

It is possible to like 2 teams in the same league.  ie.  Marlins & Yankees (me).  I like both equally and when they play each other, I root for a good game and not one to come out on top, unless it means something if either are in the playoff race.  I suppose I can't hope that most dual team fans react the same way.

As for being obnoxious, well, thats the NY EGO.  you either love it or hate it.

As for being the poster child for a corupt system, you KNOW that if any other team had the $ that the Yankees had, and the winning tradition, they would follow the same exact path.  Everyone wants to own or build a winner.  To say that you have the capacity to get as many Great Players to your team but you don't want to do it because other team's fans would hate you is just rediculous.  Colleges do the same exact thing.  Great Athelets go to the schools who offer them the best benefits, be it training facilities, winning tradition, Great Coaches, or boosters that pay them.  Untill you fix the system you keep trying to achieve the level of competativeness that others have establised in larger more experienced programs.

Don't hate the succes, just love your team that much more.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

DR_10.17_WS_bgsg.jpg

Don't worry, Yankee fans, you'll get one this millennium... maybe.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37

So, if someone was a Yankee fan in NY, and then moved to another city, they are supposed to all of a sudden change allegances?  I think NOT!!

I always laugh at this argument.  

"My team means so much to me I will love them wherever I move to."

Do they mean enough for you not to move? No, of course not.

This argument is simply a sham for "my old town's team is better than this town's and I am a front-running phony so I will stick with the old team."

It is possible to like 2 teams in the same league.  ie.  Marlins & Yankees (me).  I like both equally and when they play each other, I root for a good game and not one to come out on top, unless it means something if either are in the playoff race.  I suppose I can't hope that most dual team fans react the same way.

Great example, with the Yankees in the American and the Marlins in the National, but somehow being "2 teams in the same league."  ::)

Ok so when you move to another town you will therefore by your definition stop liking USF, and now root for the local university in your new town.  NICE!

Also, last time I checked it was called Major LEAGUE Baseball, so they are both teams in the same league, as opposed to one in a League in Japan, and one in a league in the USA.

OH YEAH?!?  :o