• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PATHETIC!

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

I would have liked to see them pull the plug 2 years ago on EC but I will wait and see how they handle the hiring of a new baseball coach before I crticize the Athletic dept any further. There is still a small school mentality that USF maintains eventhough they are in a BCS conference. USF runs Athletics on a very tight budget, from what I can tell, Eric and Co. operate in a world that is understaffed and overworked. Tuff to raise money and gain ground in the business community if you can not get people excited about your products.

Let USF sports do something that the right people want to have their names associated with and the big money will come. For a good example - see RJ Stadium.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I would have liked to see them pull the plug 2 years ago on EC but I will wait and see how they handle the hiring of a new baseball coach before I crticize the Athletic dept any further. There is still a small school mentality that USF maintains eventhough they are in a BCS conference. USF runs Athletics on a very tight budget, from what I can tell, Eric and Co. operate in a world that is understaffed and overworked. Tuff to raise money and gain ground in the business community if you can not get people excited about your products.

Let USF sports do something that the right people want to have their names associated with and the big money will come. For a good example - see RJ Stadium.

I agree that possibly two years ago was a good time but possibly the Athletic Department wasn't ready.  Meaning the dollars wouldn't have been there to make the neccesary jump.  My hope is they can scrape together a few more dollars with the Big East revenue starting to take shape and coming in to give this program the infusion of support it needs.  At least the new coach now has a future and dream to selll that wasn't there two years ago.  Fundraising is in the works and he can tell recruits that someday soon there will be a nice stadium and facility for them to have.  That's something.

I also agree that for a long time we thought small time, but that's sorta because we came from very humble beginnings.  I mean who would have thought four years ago we'd be in a conference that would have yielded us $2.5M in just bowl revenue, not to mention great TV dollars in football and basketball.  Now that they're going to start seeing a major boost in revenue let's see how things pan out.  Over the past twelve months you've got to be impressed with how Woolard has gone about reshaping this Athletic Department.   He's jumped the marketing staff, he's added a student liason, he's scheduled in hoops and football like we are big time, he's put together a full scale Athletic Village that once it's built will look brilliant, he's restructured the donor levels and created the new Iron Bull Club, he's gone after big donors personally, and he's created good TV and radio contracts.  That's all been done in his first 18 months, so give him another 18 months and I believe we're all going to be looking back and going WOW!

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Have to give Woolard credit on making the move to dump EC.  Criticize him for not pulling the plug on Mac.

Give him credit on putting together the 3 mil dollar deal for the softball stadium and new football practice fields.

Criticize him for not finding the money to get CJL's staff a decent freakin wage.

Applaud him for putting together some good future schedules with the whole Miami hom and home -- Florida away -- getting CJL the raise he deserves.

Criticize him with all my heart and energy for not thinking outside the box and bringing in a future Hall of Famer and proven winner in Bob Huggins.  Could be the biggest misstep this university has made.

Tip my cap to him for working the county commission and getting the funds for a new track and field complex.

Shalom.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Have to give Woolard credit on making the move to dump EC.  Criticize him for not pulling the plug on Mac.

Give him credit on putting together the 3 mil dollar deal for the softball stadium and new football practice fields.

Criticize him for not finding the money to get CJL's staff a decent freakin wage.

Applaud him for putting together some good future schedules with the whole Miami hom and home -- Florida away -- getting CJL the raise he deserves.

Criticize him with all my heart and energy for not thinking outside the box and bringing in a future Hall of Famer and proven winner in Bob Huggins.  Could be the biggest misstep this university has made.

Tip my cap to him for working the county commission and getting the funds for a new track and field complex.

Shalom.

Oi vey!

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I agree that possibly two years ago was a good time but possibly the Athletic Department wasn't ready.  Meaning the dollars wouldn't have been there to make the neccesary jump.  My hope is they can scrape together a few more dollars with the Big East revenue starting to take shape and coming in to give this program the infusion of support it needs.  At least the new coach now has a future and dream to selll that wasn't there two years ago.  Fundraising is in the works and he can tell recruits that someday soon there will be a nice stadium and facility for them to have.  That's something.

I also agree that for a long time we thought small time, but that's sorta because we came from very humble beginnings.  I mean who would have thought four years ago we'd be in a conference that would have yielded us $2.5M in just bowl revenue, not to mention great TV dollars in football and basketball.  Now that they're going to start seeing a major boost in revenue let's see how things pan out.  Over the past twelve months you've got to be impressed with how Woolard has gone about reshaping this Athletic Department.   He's jumped the marketing staff, he's added a student liason, he's scheduled in hoops and football like we are big time, he's put together a full scale Athletic Village that once it's built will look brilliant, he's restructured the donor levels and created the new Iron Bull Club, he's gone after big donors personally, and he's created good TV and radio contracts.  That's all been done in his first 18 months, so give him another 18 months and I believe we're all going to be looking back and going WOW!

Jebus!

And you conservative types bitched about Monica and Billy Boy!  Please take off that blue dress and hide that cigar.  You might run into an ugly blabbermouth with the last name of Tripp.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

Shalom.

when will you ever let go of the Huggins thing?  he was never coming here, was never asked to come here, and usf had no interest in bringing him here, as there was no coaching job.  please just stop bringing up his name on this board

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

^^^^^ Huggins.....and dont forget OJ Mayo

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

^^^^^ Huggins.....and dont forget OJ Mayo

Hold the Mayo...looks like Huggins is having some problems on the recruiting front already.  But that is for another board.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Shalom.

Criticize him with all my heart and energy for not thinking outside the box and bringing in a future Hall of Famer and proven winner in Bob Huggins.  Could be the biggest misstep this university has made.--  I am still amazed at the ignorance on this front.  There was never a deal, never an option.  The rumors and crap floated by the Tribune were just that.  Huggy Bear used our athletic department and a prominent alum for his own personal gain.  For all I care that sorry sack can go rot in Manhattan, KS (which is exactly what will happen).  There was no deal, or prominent alum setting up a deal, there was contact, purely initiated by the Huggy Bear Camp, an inquiry if you will.  Then the sudden flurry of newspaper articles.  Woolard never had the option, nor was properly presented the option.  The way it was conducted, and by whom is what makes it trashy and dirty.  

Mac has not extended, or improved his contract like he did for EC last year.  Basically giving notice to Mac that next year better show some noticable improvement, regardless of circumstance, or Woolard WILL FIND THE MONEY to replace.  Unfortunately, like EC, this year wasn't really the appropriate time.  Next year USF will be better equipped to handle the move, and attract a more appropriate candidate.

As for the assistant coaches for Leavitt...you should look more closely at Leavitt's deal.  Every year his total output for assistants goes up another $100k and it's at Leavitt's discretion on how to distribute that.  Leavitt's turnover has been minimal so this hasn't been a huge issue....

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Turnover hasn't been huge?

Didn't we just lose our Defensive Coordinator and another assistant.?  Aren't the assistants some of the lowest paid in the country.?

yada