• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Morsani To Donate $3 Million To USF Athletics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks a lot Mr. Morsani.  The softball team is definitely deserving of some new digs.  My high school played in a better facility.  

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  442

Congrats for the very nice donation.  Both of our schools need more of these type of generous gifts instead of those 2 schools to the north of us always getting the multi million dollar gifts.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Those SONS of Bitches

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Those SONS of Bitches

no no, those are the MOTHER Bitches!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I don't know if you guys have heard Frank Morsani speak - I got the opportunity to hear him deliver his philosophy at my graduation ceremony in Spring 2005, because he and his wife received honorary Ph.D.'s from USF. His philosophy in life that he shared with the grads was that life is composed of three periods; the first third of your life you spend learning, the second third you spend earning, and the final third you spend giving. Learning, earning, and giving. He is certainly an embodiment of his own philosophy, and I was inspired to adopt it as my own.

P.S. Dr. Morsani obviously should have the softball field named after he and his wife.... as long as he leaves the OCS donations to me!! My plan is to make it Brittany Link field at Faza Stadium.... and name the bathrooms after Mat Ratner... still figuring out what to name after Collin Sherwin. Naturally we'll have to name something big after Jim Leavitt too. Of course, Britt will tell you she'll make it Faza Field at Brittany Link stadium.... we'll see who gets there first....     ;-)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Perhaps there are plans (and maybe the philanthropical Mr. Morsani agrees) to sell the naming rights to the stadium and raise additional funds.  Afterall, when the National Champion Bulls play there, someone will pay big dollars to have their name slapped on everything.

Likewise, I don't see "the Red" staying around either..just my opinion.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I'm glad softball will now be able to play in a real softball stadium...

That is such great news for the program who DESERVES the upgrade. As everyone else has stated, THANK YOU to Mr. and Mrs. Morsani.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

I don't know if you guys have heard Frank Morsani speak - I got the opportunity to hear him deliver his philosophy at my graduation ceremony in Spring 2005, because he and his wife received honorary Ph.D.'s from USF. His philosophy in life that he shared with the grads was that life is composed of three periods; the first third of your life you spend learning, the second third you spend earning, and the final third you spend giving. Learning, earning, and giving. He is certainly an embodiment of his own philosophy, and I was inspired to adopt it as my own.

P.S. Dr. Morsani obviously should have the softball field named after he and his wife.... as long as he leaves the OCS donations to me!! My plan is to make it Brittany Link field at Faza Stadium.... and name the bathrooms after Mat Ratner... still figuring out what to name after Collin Sherwin. Naturally we'll have to name something big after Jim Leavitt too. Of course, Britt will tell you she'll make it Faza Field at Brittany Link stadium.... we'll see who gets there first....     ;-)

Big plans Faz, I love it. Once I take sufficient care of my other alma mater, I'll follow up and dedicate the Tarver Band Room at Faza/Link Stadium.

...as soon as I figure out how I'm striking it rich on a student affairs salary ;-)

Guest AstroBull

...as soon as I figure out how I'm striking it rich on a student affairs salary ;-)

World Series of Poker, maybe win the Powerball drawing

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Pretty much. Powerball just started here in NC too, maybe I oughta hop on that!