• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How much $$$

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

a $3mil facility:

Softball stadium at my current place of employment (UNCG--SoCon):

CHJUPZZFDHDRADE.20051103211624.jpg

OEEHLBREXXNAKXY.20051103212041.jpg

more specs here: http://www.uncgspartans.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5300&ATCLID=234545

$3mil price tag, according ot the above page. "The complex includes a stadium with 500 permanent seats, a press box, a concession area behind home plate, spacious restroom facilities, a grounds storage building and an indoor hitting facility."

Pretty nice facility. To put it in perspective, UNCG was once a women's college and still has a woman-heavy ratio, so this may manifest itself a bit in the facilities.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

a $3mil facility:

Softball stadium at my current place of employment (UNCG--SoCon):

CHJUPZZFDHDRADE.20051103211624.jpg

OEEHLBREXXNAKXY.20051103212041.jpg

more specs here: http://www.uncgspartans.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5300&ATCLID=234545

$3mil price tag, according ot the above page. "The complex includes a stadium with 500 permanent seats, a press box, a concession area behind home plate, spacious restroom facilities, a grounds storage building and an indoor hitting facility."

Pretty nice facility. To put it in perspective, UNCG was once a women's college and still has a woman-heavy ratio, so this may manifest itself a bit in the facilities.

That is sweet.  Can you imagine what Eriksen could do with a facility like that!  

We need a donor with vision!!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,850
  • Days Won:  22

http://www.rolltide.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8000&ATCLID=239835

Softball Stadium

Capacity: 1,595    Opened: 2000

Map & Directions

» Alabama Softball Complex Record Book

» Alabama Softball Complex Quick Facts

» Alabama Softball Complex Policies

For the University of Alabama Softball team, home field advantage is exactly what it means. After walking through the newly constructed $2.2 million stadium and clubhouse, it is easy to imagine how the Crimson Tide posted a 27-3 home record last season and an overall 57-9 record while playing in the stadium. The club house is complete with a lounging area, which includes a couch and two love-seats along with a state-of-the-art sound system, a 52 inch television and a VCR.

The clubhouse also includes offices for head coach Patrick Murphy and his staff and a shower area for the coaches. An umpires locker room and shower and a locker room for the players with their own personal lockers can also be found inside.

For pre-game and post-game treatments, athletic trainer Erica Dixon has a fully equipped training room at her disposal. Stocked with two training tables, an ice machine, a mini-whirlpool and a hydroculator used to hold heat packs for shoulders, arms, legs or whatever the ailment may be.

And for those off-day team meetings, Coach Murphy and his staff have a fold out communications center with dry-erase board, bulletin board and projection screen for watching film.

"We are extremely fortunate to have the top softball facility in the country," said head coach Patrick Murphy. "I have been to many places and this one tops them all. With the private suites, the shade for the fans, the state-of-the-art pressbox and player amenities, this is a mini-major league park."

For the fans, there are 500 chairback seats, 1,100 bleacher back seats and a large overhang that protects from inclement weather. There are two ticket booths to accommodate the rush of fans and a large concession stand sitting directly behind the press box. Two private luxury suites sit on both sides of the state-of-the-art pressbox that includes home and visitor radio booths, a television booth, a booth for the sound system and a media room large enough to hold press conferences during tournaments.

THIS IS ALABAMA SOFTBALL!

The University of Alabama softball complex has batting cages large enough to accomate three hitters at one time. The cages are carpeted with the former artificial turf endzones from Legion Field in Birmingham.

The UA Softball Complex seats 1,595 people including 477 chair back seats.

The complex has two suites, one on each side of arguably the nicest pressbox in college softball.

The pressbox is large enough to accommodate booths for home and visiting radio and a television booth.

The Crimson Tide team room is equipped with a leather couch and two leather love-seats...

...a communication board, complete with projection screen for breaking down film....

...spacious accommodations...

...52" television with stereo and VCR for more film watching...

....and a state-of-the art training room, complete with two taping tables, ice machine, hydroculator and mini-whirlpool.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

$3m is not outrageous but I think a duel use baseball/softball  stadium is what is needed.

Why not sell a USF baseball jerseys for $100 with proceeds going to a new stadium. I would buy one. Baseball jerseys are always in style and one with a cause would sell, especially if the team/coach and some "appropriately" dressed SunDolls pushed it.

Maybe a tagline on a patch that said "USF Baseball: I Pitched In" and a ticket to a game thrown in could seal some sales.

Oh I forgot USF doesn't do official jerseys or fundraisers.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

$3m is not outrageous but I think a duel use baseball/softball  stadium is what is needed.

That would be one weird looking field, especially since I have yet to see a softball field with infield grass.

Good idea, but not something that would come to fruition.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

That would be one weird looking field, especially since I have yet to see a softball field with infield grass.

Good idea, but not something that would come to fruition.

We could use Astro Turf.

greenspikes01.jpg

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Those are sweet shoes . . .

Don't write off duel use facilities so quickly. If we wanted people from Tampa to come out all we would have to do is get the New York Yankee Stadium replica.

BLD_splash01.jpg

BLD_splash02.jpg

BLD_splash03.jpg

BLD_splash04.jpg

BLD_splash05.jpg

BLD_splash06.jpg

BLD_splash07.jpg

BLD_splash08.jpg

http://www.bigleaguedreams.com/

Note: As always, all Yankee fans are jackoffs.

Seriously, I really think (do not know) thats its possible to have a first class field that can accomidate both the softball and baseball teams. It would be a DEEP infield for the ladies but I hear they like it deep anyway. ;)

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

Our current estimate for the softball stadium is in the $3 million range.  We have some renderings of what we would like for it to look like but obviously that depends on a few things.

Minotaur, not to bash you, but do you realize how many jerseys we would have to sell to even make a dent in that.  Considering our cost would be about $50 per jersey we would have to sell a heck of a lot of jerseys.  And don't tell me we don't do fundraisers.  Have you been to our auction, any of our golf tournaments, or the online auction.  We have a staff of 8 people and believe me our time is better spent cultivating donors to make annual gifts and major gifts than doing a bake sale or car wash.  Our fundraising continues to grow each year and with continued hard work from our entire staff it will continue to grow.  Instead of complaining, why don't you actually attend one of our fundraisers and see what we actually do.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Eric

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,850
  • Days Won:  22

Eric

I realize that you guys are working hard and are trying to spend your time where there is a better return, but i still cant see how it would hurt to have on the athletic website, drawings or pictures of the softball,baseball,soccer,tennis stadiums approximate costs and a link where people could donate directly to those facilities.

I think if nothingelse it gives the casual fan a chance to see the future and get them excited about donating towards it. Even a thermometer showing how much has been raised for each cause might get more people involved.

Just some ideas