• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Done; Cardieri Awaits Fate

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

I think the new attention and pressure on the baseball program will bring a lot with it. Whether a change is made or not I think you will see a new committment to USF baseball.

At this point the program is an embarrassment. A new coach worth anything will demand upgrades. That is half the point, EC should have been pushing LOUDLY for upgrades. I personally have never heard a peep from him. Where were the public meetings encouraging support? Where were the fundraisers?

Change or not, I pledge that I will help the baseball program get back on track in anyway that I can. Im sure we can get at least 20 people on board here in the next 72 hours. What could we do in the next 21 years?

I'll start by vowing to buy a "Flex Pass*" ($100) to baseball if they make a head coaching change. I will also donate those tickets to USF to sell or donate as they see fit.

BULLS FLEX PASS:  If you're a fan of all Bulls sports, the flex pass may be for you.  For just $100 you will receive a pass good for all regular season home games to five Bulls sports.  The pass will get you and a guest in to all home baseball, softball, volleyball, men's soccer and women's soccer games.  Call 1-800-GoBulls to order.

*I started with a baseball season ticket but as they have none I had to change it to the "FLEX PASS."

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614
  • Days Won:  0

How many USF Fans were at the ND game?  I listened to it on the web and the ND fans seemed to be cheering louder than the Bulls' fans?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

How many USF Fans were at the ND game?  I listened to it on the web and the ND fans seemed to be cheering louder than the Bulls' fans?

I was there and there was a decent turnout. USF fans outnumbered ND fans, but it was close. USF fans were also divided lower box seats and upper level seats. (CJL was there) Nothing ever really got going as far as cheers went. If you listened, you probably heard me yelling at the first base umpire who was just trerrible.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Just curious out of all the people on this board who have made comments about wanting to replace EC have actually ever been to a game at the Red!

I normally go to 5-10 games a season. I still don't but the facilities as an arguement to lack of recruiting. The Red is by no means fan friendly in terms of bleacher seating (a bit hot for afternoon games), lack of concessions/restrooms, etc. but, it's 90 feet to each base, so it's no different than at any other field.

The new Athletic Facility is a certain upgrade to where the team was before (Sun Dome I believe). Is a guy not going to come here because he doesn't like the dugout? Bottom line is that the state of the team is squarely on the shoulders of the coach.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

I have been to quite a few baseball games thru the years eventhough im not in Tampa and  i have seen our program deteriorate.

Sorry but living in Miami , I remember Ron Fraser busting his behind getting the community behind bringing money to his program and continually fund raising to get the stadium built. I never saw EC do anything close to that.

As head coach for so many years, he should have pushed some of his explayers to start a fund raising campaign to improve those facilities. He has had 20 + years to start it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

"USF Done; Cardieri Awaits Fate"

or

"Cardieri Done; USF Awaits Fate

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

Yeah that usually happens when that team is winning. More USF fans than ND. Facilities do matter . If you do not realize that then you just do not know better.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

winning matters most

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

Yeah that usually happens when that team is winning. More USF fans than ND. Facilities do matter . If you do not realize that then you just do not know better.

What did the facilities have to do with the ND fans cheering louder than the USF fans?  The game was played in Clearwater, FLORIDA not in South Bend.

From where I was listening (I only saw a glimpse or two of the crowd) it sounded like that from early on.  

I heard "Lets Go Irish", but not a single "Lets Go Bulls"....just thought that was strange.