• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCullum Commentary

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

Bulliever,

Save your typing fingers. Ari and the like cannot recognize the value of things like "character, a desire to improve oneself, self-discipline, respect for authority and laws, and the ability to work well with others. " Nor will they get the reference to the "pesky "student athlete" thing."

They do not recognize those words. They do not see those things in the mirror and since they are obviously narcissists, the mirror holds all that is important to them. The only reason they follow USF is to agrandize themselves with victories and bragging rights in an arena where they have personaly been weighed and found wanting.

They only complain about CRM because the things he stands for do not help them add to their ego. You'll never reach that type of person with reason my friend.

now that was an excellent piece of writing!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

This is big time college basketball, not a church league.  Character is nice, but doens't bring in a single penny.  Wins = $$$ Plain and simple.  A guy with lots of character is nice to have as long as wins are coming in.  We could hire a priest to teach morals and character for a lot less then we are paying crm.  

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

CRM has this season to show or go.  I believe he'll show that he is an excellent bench coach that can win with less individual talent than other programs currently have.  And when he does, he'll be able to attrack even better talent and then USF will have to work to keep him.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I am glad we have such a classy coach that does preach character to his players, it is something they need for the next part of their lives, whether it be basketball, in an office, or running their own business. These kids look up to their coach as a 2nd father.

That being said, nice article, I think RMC deserved another year because of the injuries, etc. However, he has to show something this season or he will be in trouble.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

In all honestly, the article is great.  But I have to agree with Bullman and Ari.  I know lots of people with great characters from former teachers, to FDNY employees, police officers, etc.  The difference is they are not coaching a basketball team because they wouldnt win games.  Mac doesnt win either, he shouldnt be coaching.

As for him turning around W. Michigan, totally irrelevant,  that solely had to do with Chris Kaman , a guy who plays well beyond his talent and still does in teh NBA playoffs right now.  If you cant win with an NBA player in a conference that W Michigan plays in you shouldnt be coaching either.  

This is the big east, wins mean a lot more.  Sorry

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

That was a great article Mrs. (or even Mr.) McCullum wrote!

KL

I think there's only one coach in the state who has a record of writing stuff about himself to try and help further his career ....

TB

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797

Yo Herm, nice try.  Chris Kaman went to CENTRAL Michigan not WESTERN Michigan.  Coach Mac had to beat Kaman's team twice a year when he coached WMU, not win with him.  Once again facts escape you.

Normal

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

if Mac's record at USF reached the level of his integrity, character, and moral compas, we would all be happy campers.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

not if... when  :)

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Yo Herm, nice try.  Chris Kaman went to CENTRAL Michigan not WESTERN Michigan.  Coach Mac had to beat Kaman's team twice a year when he coached WMU, not win with him.  Once again facts escape you.

Normal

Your right I didnt realize that.  Maybe if he came from a respectable team I would have known that.  Next coach we should hire should be from Bethune Cookman, as long as he has some great character.