• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BIG EAST Announces Two New Bowl Game Tie-Ins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

I'm at the BCS bowl every yr Bulls are invites.  All other bowls are probably once a half decade.  I will be at each bowl the first time USF attends...knock on wood.  Bowl in Charlotte is only 50-50 for me if that's where the Bulls land in '06.  As for B'ham, the city is below par for activity & good restaurants but I'll go.  I'll go to the International Bowl too since it is inside.  I ain't sitting in no stinking sub-zero weather for a game against a MAC team...freakin' never!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

tORONTO WOULD BE FUN AS HELL

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Joe, who are you blaming for the bowl tie-ins?

10 yrs. old and working daily for exposure, I think any extra television is a huge plus for the BE and especially USF.

Bham really does suck! Even the 'Tide refuse to play there anymore.

My family will be at ANY bowl game, anywhere USF plays.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I'm blaming the BE...a BCS league...not USF. I understand that we are young and will take any exposure. I hardly feel Pitt, Cuse, Louisville fans have have been to several bowl games will feel the same way. This is a BE problem NOT a USF problem.

I don't expect out fans in 10-20 feeling like a 6-6 season and a bowl birth in the Birmingham Bowl against the 3/4 best team in CUSA was a good season. So I sure as heck don't expect the same from schools who have been there done that plenty of times.

We don't feel like 6-6 is a good season now! I just think that at this point in time both the BE and USF need to stay in front of the national audience as much as possible.  I think that the transition period of conferences is still going on.

The bowls will get better or go away.

I can remember when the Outback Bowl was called the All-American Bowl with Canadian players down here and combining rules. My point is, give everyone a chance to improve.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

BDZYR,

Improve? We've LOST handles on Bowl games! The transition is over, in 2 years they are going to start evaluating.

You cannot look at me and tell me with a straight face that OUR 2nd biggest bowl game the Gator Bowl isn't PHASING US OUT!!! or that our conference has lined us up with a bowl that CANNOT PAY is a good thing (Houston Bowl). Or that playing a 3/4/5 team from the CUSA (not 1st or 2nd) in Birmingham is going to IMPROVE the image of this conference. Or that Toronto is a reasonable place for people to travel in Jan to watch us play 2/3/4 team from the MAC.

It's a freaking joke. They had their chance to align themselves with better bowls and they didn't outside the BCS and MCCC Bowl or bowl situation is a joke.

Don't know about the Gator. Houston is aligned with The BE, Big 12, Con USA, and Notre Dame, IF they get a sponsor. If they don't improve, again, they will be gone!

I think six chances, eight teams...

"Hey recruit, wanna play in a bowl game on national tv? The Bulls have six chances every year you play for us, right up to the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP."

Think positive and quit whining.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

How is a bowl in Houston not profitable?? It seems like a great city to have a bowl in and plus they play in the Texans stadium dont they?? I cant imagine how BIRMINGHAM and LEIGONS FIELD can get a bowl game and possibly produce more revenue than Houston...

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Joe is right on the money here.  The BE really lost alot of ground this year if they these are the bowl games they have.  I would trade all of them for two good ones.  But remember Joe, they may have tryed to get better games but were left at the alter.  PS: Most of the ho women are in Montreal, not Toronto aalthough Toronto hs some great Chinese food.

It all has to do with the management of the Bowl. All four conferences involved have asked the NCAA to give them a chance to work out their financial problems. Houston has until the June meetings.

Birmingham still sucks!