• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ninth Big East Football School

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Good analysis!

However, Temple did just sign a deal with the MAC to play football and an option to play other sports starting in 2010 if the football deal works out.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709
  • Days Won:  0

If the NBE added Temple that would go a long way to losing the BCS tag.

You need to add a good team, not a sorry one.  There are enough of those already.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Do I hear a poll coming on for most wanted team?  ;)

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Notre Dame is the only feasible one here.  If you could get them to sign, you'd probably be able to convince either Ga Tech, or UNC or NCState or even Duke to jump from the ACC to a conference they would have a fighting chance in.  Wouldn't that be poetic,  the Big East stealing teams from the ACC?      

The only thing that could possibly get Notre Dame to do this is some sort of mandate from the NCAA or BCS.  With the money in that school and the NBC TV deal, I think I have a better shot at dating a Sun Doll than for that to happen.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

If the NBE added Temple that would go a long way to losing the BCS tag.

You need to add a good team, not a sorry one.  There are enough of those already.

If temple wanted to go BACK into the Big East and the Big East wanted them it would be because of their educational status not their football status. Just like Vandy (SEC) Duke (ACC)

How many teams did C-DOA send to a BCS game?

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Notre Dame is the only feasible one here.  If you could get them to sign, you'd probably be able to convince either Ga Tech, or UNC or NCState or even Duke to jump from the ACC to a conference they would have a fighting chance in.  Wouldn't that be poetic,  the Big East stealing teams from the ACC?

The only thing that could possibly get Notre Dame to do this is some sort of mandate from the NCAA or BCS.  With the money in that school and the NBC TV deal, I think I have a better shot at dating a Sun Doll than for that to happen.

UNC  or NC State would be great we need some team in the Carolinas even ECU would be alright

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

never ever UCF

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Outside of ECU, NO North Carolina based school will leave the ACC.  Those schools are all joined at the hip and work together.  The ACC is too stable for any of them to want to leave.

Temple is already joining football only in the MAC.  If the Big East wanted them bad enough, they might have to work some sort of payment to the MAC.

You need to stop thinking other BCS schools will join.  They won't.  The only SEC team that wants to leave is Arkansas and it's to only joing the Big XII.  The ACC is in great shape and needs to tweaking.  The Big Ten might get one more, but no one will leave.

At this point, due to the decision to wait on extra members, the only two options is to hold out until the split or bring up a I-AA school, which is a very bad idea.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

makes no sense to add weak teams like ecu or any team from conference america

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  442

I can't see anything being done until 2010.  It makes no sense for any school (other than ecu crying for a BE invite) to join a football only.  After 2010 and only if there are some BCS modifications, will we possibly see some additional  realignments.  Untill then..moot conversation.