• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UConn adds 7th home game

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

wish all the stuff would have worked so we could all start in 2004

All Conference sifts depended on Boston College moving "early" to the ACC for 2004.

Because BC "missed" the dealine last year (believe it was June 30) to move to ACC this July 1...it was all up to the Big East and TV Deals on whether they would allow BC to jump ship early.

BC, Big East, and TV Contracts couldn't be worked out...and with a high penalty...BC decided to stay.

If BC would of moved to the ACC on July 1, 2004...then all Conferences were open to allow teams to move to their new conferences a year early...to avoid a "dead-end" year.

CUSA teams would of jumped ship early to Big East...Marshall/UCF would of left the MAC for CUSA early, and so on...

It started and stopped with BC.

KL

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.  Bien

Actually KL, that isn't true....

The BE was going to offer to release BC early, IF, and ONLY IF, C-USA was willing to release the other four teams, or at least the football schools.  The deadline was January, before this could occur.  C-USA chose to keep us there for another year, partly because the revenue they promised to new members was going to be derived from that additional year of having UL, Cinci, Depaul, and Marquette make one last drive to the championship- you do know that departing schools must leave their basketball units with C-USA, not a common practice.  

So, because C-USA didn't quite have their ducks in a row, and no re-replacement for TCU, they wanted to stand pat, and therefore, the BE had no other choice but to do the same to BC because without BC they would have had only 6 football schools, and the NCAA will only sanction a conference with 7 teams.

So, we do owe a snub to Banowsky.  My only hope is USF, or maybe one of our departing cohorts can help take every championship next year to let them know what they are missing.  Of course, if that was the case then Banowsky's decision to keep us for a year longer would have been brilliant.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

All Conference sifts depended on Boston College moving "early" to the ACC for 2004.

Because BC "missed" the dealine last year (believe it was June 30) to move to ACC this July 1...it was all up to the Big East and TV Deals on whether they would allow BC to jump ship early.

BC, Big East, and TV Contracts couldn't be worked out...and with a high penalty...BC decided to stay.

If BC would of moved to the ACC on July 1, 2004...then all Conferences were open to allow teams to move to their new conferences a year early...to avoid a "dead-end" year.

CUSA teams would of jumped ship early to Big East...Marshall/UCF would of left the MAC for CUSA early, and so on...

It started and stopped with BC.

KL

i thought it was CDOA that put the price so high all others backed off

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i hate cusa and all its BS

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

Certain schools in C-USA made USF wait to joing in football until 2003 instead of 2001. USF had their best team with Marquell Blackwell in 2002 which would have been a bowl year. USF was screwed out of the bowl games because of being stuck in independent land like UCONN was screwed last season. All of that would have been avoided if programs like Memphis, UAB, and Southern Miss would have let us in when TCU came in during 2001 or at least by 2002. USF had alot of support from C-USA's former commissioner, Mike Slive, but we just not get enough votes required to be let in by 2001. Some USF fans were scared that USF would have not even been invited to join C-USA for football because of the whole TCU and SMU expansion in the air. That is just some history on why there is some hatred right now. It is a good thing that USF had some good allies in Louisville and Cincy because we may have been stuck in C-USA land without their support.

i don't believe for a second slive want USF early.

i work with a uconn man and we talk sports all the time.

he seems to think usf will be dominate in football but little else in Big East

i will take that

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

i work with a uconn man and we talk sports all the time.

he seems to think usf will be dominate in football but little else in Big East

i will take that

He doesn't know a thing about men's soccer, volleyball, baseball, softball, track and possibly golf and tennis does he?

i will ask him monday