• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting news on Solomon Bozeman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Very nice... still need some big bodies, but Nova proved you can win with good guard play.  

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Help is / could be on the way:

As we've mentioned here before, Bozeman averaged 28 points a game as a senior, and if the Bulls can land him, they'll have three impact freshman guards next season in Bozeman, Kissimmee's Dante Curry and redshirt freshman Chris Howard, who is coming off a medical redshirt but is expected to be a major contributor in 2006-07.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

we might win two games, but even that is an improvement.  No where to go but up from here! ;D

After last season, you can never have enough quality point guards!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57

Help is / could be on the way:

As we've mentioned here before, Bozeman averaged 28 points a game as a senior, and if the Bulls can land him, they'll have three impact freshman guards next season in Bozeman, Kissimmee's Dante Curry and redshirt freshman Chris Howard, who is coming off a medical redshirt but is expected to be a major contributor in 2006-07.

Would love to be proved wrong, but I don't consider Dante Curry to be an "impact freshman".  He certainly has the potential to develop into a solid contributor, perhaps even a go to scorer, but I don't see him being a difference maker as a freshman.  The kid needs to put some meat on his bones and learn how to assert himself on the court before he can be looked at as a consistent scoring threat.  Again, I sure hope I am wrong on this one.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I would have thought the same thing about dennis, seeing his height/weight, but he looks to be plenty strong enough and long enough to hold his own and he is the same size as Curry.

I think you will be wrong on this, at least a little.  He won't be "THE" star, but he will be a good contributor in a fast pace offense and a stubborn defense.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57

True enough about CD, but had our roster been deeper at the time, he would have never seen significant PT.  Again, I think the kid can contribute, but not make a considerable impact.

Regardless, I think we can agree that the team finally has some nice, younger players who have the potential to develop into legitimate scoring options that will give other teams headaches.

I expect an anouncement on Wednesday....