• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which is better? Times or Trib?

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Times has more USF news in it

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

What's better for news will depend on location as several have said, but for the better paper, consider that there's no Tampa Tribune Forum.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

FYI:   Just because the Times has the contract with USF doesn't mean that other papers don't support USF.  I personally prefer the Times, but I dislike how they use their contract to "cockblock" other papers from supporting us.  I just did a photoshoot yesterday  for the Trib with the Beefstuds to appear on several billboards around the Tampa Bay area.  We couldn't have ANY logos on, it couldn't say go bulls, we couldn't even throw up the Bulls Hand Sign a certain way, all because the only one who has that power is the Times and they said no.  The Trib is always better at including the students in interviews...pictures, and when have you EVER seen one St. pete Times billboard supporting the Bulls let alone a handful.  You think they would since they won't let anyone else.  The only reason i prefer the times is their layout.   I worry about the day when things get so political and we are so afraid to make one person mad or break a contract that we can't do anything.  I know it's business, but I sometimes wonder if it is more hurtful than helpful!

P.S.- Look for my face to be seven feet tall and painted green and gold in about 5 weeks!!   ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

The only problem I've got with the Times, besides the fact they called Greg's Bulls column this week "Fantasy Football", is not sending our beat writer to ALL away fb and bb games. Greg has pointed out that this a company policy with all in-state school coverage but still tweaks me a little ..... I usually check out both papers.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Peolple still subscribe to and read newspapers in this day and age?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

trib

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

For USF football ... equal.

I hit them online down here of course  8)

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

Thanks Paisa and BnB for pointing out that the St. Pete Times does support USF Athletics.  And to defend the Times protecting their rights as a sponsor, the Trib did the same stuff before when they were the sponsor.  

All of our sponsors are given the ability to use the logo.  The Trib had the contract but didn't want to put money up to sponsor us, the Times did.  The Trib put's a lot of money into the Bucs and you can't blame them for that, but please don't knock our sponsors for doing something any of their competitors would do given the same opportunity.

Eric

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

To clarify,

I wasn't meaning to "knock" any of our supporters.. I understand about the official use of the logo, but not being allowed to throw up our Horns Hand Sign?  That is a long standing STUDENT tradition and the University doesnt own it, so I didnt understand why we were told that even that could not be in the picture.  I was just trying to point out that we do garner support from both and I am excited that the Trib is putting up billboards in support!  Sorry if I offended!!  :)