• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoops Signing Day - Mobley to Sign/Completes Class

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

It is arguable if Hakim wooda started during the last two yrs of Chonsey Asbury's tenure w/BB & Tron and then with Big Will (5) in the middle w/Tron (3) & BB (4).

Arguable for sure ... but I still say he would've.  None of those guys you mentioned played with the heart and determination that Hakim did, 'cept Chonsey who played the 3.  Big Will?  Tall Will you mean.  He was Scott Johnson type soft, without the bad knees.  Tron and B.B., I disagree with you on both those guys, but refuse to comment any further on them.  I would've picked Hakim over either, let's leave it at that.  Not that this is the consensus, just my take, that's all.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

in college at 6'5 monster can play 5  spot

we won't go to final four but we can compete

Exactly.  Look at the national champs this year.  Okafor is what?  6'7"?  He's an animal on D and dominates games against the other bigs.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Arguable for sure ... but I still say he would've.  None of those guys you mentioned played with the heart and determination that Hakim did, 'cept Chonsey who played the 3.  Big Will?  Tall Will you mean.  He was Scott Johnson type soft, without the bad knees.  Tron and B.B., I disagree with you on both those guys, but refuse to comment any further on them.  I would've picked Hakim over either, let's leave it at that.  Not that this is the consensus, just my take, that's all.

I hope the comparison between Big Will and Scott Johnson ends at softness, because they are on opposite ends of the spectrum with regards to style of game.  Did 6'10 scott johnson ever dunk a ball in a game?   He just jacked up 3 ptrs all game.  

Will did have a lot of drive and heart, but it wasn't always there EVERY game, unlike other players like Kohn, Brian Graham, etc.

Exactly.  Look at the national champs this year.  Okafor is what?  6'7"?  He's an animal on D and dominates games against the other bigs.

Is he 6'7?  that is what i thought too, but cuseroc or someone one else told me 6'9 or 6'10.  I thought  he was short too.

Its all about how big you play, not how big you are...

remember, we had Luka Javonavic and Frederico Peruzzo, 6'11 and 7'1 respectively, but they played like they were small forwards.

I wasn't necessarily comparing Will and Scott, just saying that Will was soft like Scott, which he was.  2 TOTALLY different games, I agree.  Will had a good game, Scott had a good outside shot and was alergic to the paint.  At least Will would rebound every now and then, but like you said, he didn't bring it every night, where guys like Hakim and Chonsey would, which was where my whole comparison started.  Hakim did make **** Vitale's all Windex team after all.     :)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

What were you guys expecting from a late signing period. Almost all the top talent was signed long ago.  You are also way to concerned about height.  Ohio State had a team quite a few years ago with the tallest player was 6'7" and they were one of the best teams in the country.  Someone already mentioned the "Round Mound of Rebound" from Auburn, Mr Charles Barkley who is a perfect example of a guy that is 6'5" and dominated inside.  Time will tell how good this team will be.  A "team" will go much further then one or two better players.  There are very few super stars(Magic,Larry,Tim) that can carry their team to the promised land.

agreed, the system and coaching is more important than height.