• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three gone from Bulls volleyball team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Hey deathrow95, what are your initials?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  0

Turn over on a college team is normal and it doesn't sound like volleyball isn't loosing anyone steller.  I think they brought  Castelamare in on an acedemic schol. till they have one open next year.  To answer the previous question.

BN  I started USF in 90 and I'm the original reaper. Perhaps that helps .  :)  What are yours?

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

It's OK we have great players coming in:

1998.gif

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6

Does anyone know what happened to star freshman recruit, Stephanie Bradley?  She was the number 84th ranked senior coming in to USF, but she did not play last season (I am assuming she redshirted).  Does anyone know if she will be playing next season?  Along with the losses of Verhoff and Silveira, her departure from the team would certainly be another huge blow for the volleyball program.  

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

Bradley did redshirt, and will play next season.  From what I've heard, when she's healthy she's our best outside hitter.  I watch our team a lot, but still haven't ever seen her play.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

excuses

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6

USFCollin, thanks for the info on Bradley.  Its good to know that she will be playing next season.  I was a bit worried when I didn't see her at the spring practice games this past weekend.  With her and the incoming Brazilian recruit entering the starting lineup next season, we should finally have the firepower from the outside that we have been lacking the past few seasons.  Also, I'm hoping Lessinger might try to run a 6-2 offense with Noguiera and freshman recruit Castelamare setting.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

... and the incoming Brazilian recruit entering the starting lineup next season, we should finally have the firepower from the outside that we have been lacking the past few seasons.  ...  

USF Volleyball Announces Another Addition During Early Signing Period

TAMPA, Fla. (Nov. 23, 2005) –University of South Florida head volleyball coach Claire Lessinger announced today that the Bulls have received a National Letter of Intent from Marcela Gurgel during the early signing period, officially becoming a part of the Bulls’ volleyball program starting in the 2006-07 academic year.

Gurgel comes to USF from Fortaleza, Brazil. Coming from Colegio Marista Cearense, she will provide offensive power in the outside hitter role while providing some height with her 5-11 frame. She will compliment the Bulls’ leading offensive producer, Kristina Fabris.

The Brazil native is a five-time most valuable player of the Cearense All-State Team, winning a national championship in 2003 while also taking home a third-place national finish as well in 2002 and 2004. She will bring with her to USF knowledge of the game in an international level, as she currently plays on the junior national team.

“Marcela is a total package,†Lessinger said. “She is a dominant outside hitter with tremendous ball control as well as incredible court sense. Her volleyball intelligence will have such a positive impact on the success of this progam."

I go to Fortaleza once a year - beautiful place and has caribbean color water - great beaches - 2 seasons - hot and hotter  8) I sponsor a girl through Christian Childrens Fund

BrasilSanta03.jpg

OliveiraFamily.jpg

ENGclass03.jpg

Notice ... I am wearing my USF shirt ... maybe I get credit for this recruit  ;)

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Or maybe she was the connection ...

387.jpg

Flavia Silveira - #12

Senior

Position: MB/OH

5-09

Fortaleza, Brazil/Colegio Santo Inacio(Frank Phillips College)

And another Brasilian ...

382.jpg

Juliana Nogueira - #9

Senior

Position: S

5-09

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil/Centro Educacional da Lagoa(SMSU-West Plains)

Both are Seniors this season.