• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Hoyas and Auman Rip Our Students

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Trip, let me explain it for you. Not to get off topic.  Since I became a fan of USF in 1997 there has been many instances of why my disgust in our program continues to grow.  From getting us sooo close to the tourney with Seth and then blowing it late in seasons, to missing free throws, to getting stomped by UF, to the whole situation with Mac (i dont have to get into details, we know his problems)

The UF statement was I was sitting in front of the UF crowd (with Ari too) and we were giving them **** all game. It was close at the half we were down by 2 i think and lost by like 20.  Then the UF fans chanted their tune in my ear and I had no rebuttal.

We were mediocre then and garbage now, so I guess my statement does make no sense, we accept less than mediocracy.  Im sorry your right it makes no sense.

So you and Ari getting your feelings hurt by some exuberant Gaytor fans cheering after their better team beat us means the school accepts less than mediocracy ..... Makes perfect sense.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Triple we all know to that guy(s)

1+1 = irrational

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

pearl is a rah rah guy

i love the jacket

color

showing support for tennesse orange

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545
  • Days Won:  0

I would love for our student section to get back to how it was before.  I was at a FSU-USF game and I will always remember the dunkin donut boxes.  That was great!  The only problem now is getting the students at the games to clap their hands much less bring something or do research.  

Students did a great job at the UCF football game with the 17 signs.  I just wish we had more students care about basketball as much as football.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Theres only one way to do that.  The fans like myself will be at the games no matter what.  Win or lose, we lose all the time so i ***** and whine and I am very critical.  Some of the best and most excited fans in this country are from Philly and they boo their teams all the time.  Its called tough love.  If we all sit around and praise a guy who goes 1-15 in a conference we are not gaining anything.  And for him to say "I had never once thought I wouldnt be here next year" is absurd.  Should have made a statement like I know my ass is on the line, I will do whatever it takes to make this team compete.  I would have gained a lot of respect from him.  But like I said he isnt the smoothest guy in the world.  

Alau I wish for one day that our student section will be packed again and there be excitement in the dome, but until there is a product on the court I dont see it happening.  Noone goes to a movie if it bombs in the papers and writings, same thing goes for sports.  

herm - very rational.

Joe , you think we are the same person because you hear a couple of people saying that. Get your own opinion.   Do some research, read posts before you assume.  The only thing we have in common is we think Mac is not the right guy.  I guess smazza, Sherriff, Hawaii, herman, reuben, jewbull, ari are all the same guys.  

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I love Maryland fans... go figure right...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Theres only one way to do that.  The fans like myself will be at the games no matter what.

When did you change your mind?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

I would love for our student section to get back to how it was before.  I was at a FSU-USF game and I will always remember the dunkin donut boxes.  That was great!  The only problem now is getting the students at the games to clap their hands much less bring something or do research.  

Students did a great job at the UCF football game with the 17 signs.  I just wish we had more students care about basketball as much as football.

i agree, until this school eats, breathes, and sleeps basketball expect the "creativity" to fall short of par.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=ce9876;action=display;num=1141789522]This Thread[/link] by SCBullsfan.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

i agree, until this school eats, breathes, and sleeps basketball expect the "creativity" to fall short of par.

I just can't bring myself to like the sport.  It's so...uppity with all the fowls.  I won't even go into detail about height, which is about 5x as important as it even is in football...

It's even worse when the scrawny kid tries to drive on you can calls a foul every second, but even in college I just can't take it for too long.  I know there's strategy involved and I know it takes solid play by a good team to win, but at the fundamental level the whole thing is just subpar to me when compared to some other sports.  Seems about as much fun to watch as soccer, and about as much fun to play, too.

When's football season again?

That said, I hope the best for the bulls players, and its really hard to stomach such a poor conference record in any sport...I like to see USF do well.  So I cheer for us and even watch now and then.  But if you don't like the sport, and even the NBA and best college teams draw no interest, going past that is a tough sell.