• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevon Neaves Earns Cap for T and T

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  0

I'll do this post in two languages

Football:  USF sophomore midfielder Kevon Neaves earned his first cap as a full international for Trinidad and Tobago, entering in the 77th minute against Iceland in what was a 2-0 victory for the Soca Warriors at Loftus Road in England.  Fielding their full international side, including former Premiership icon Dwight Yorke and Coventry's Stern John, T and T will continue its tour of Europe in preperation for 2006 Germany, and Neaves would be the first USF player to earn a spot on a World Cup roster.  

American:  USF sophomore Kevon Neaves, who plays between the guys who stand up front and the guys who stand in the back on the soccer field, got into a game for the Trinidad and Tobago national team with about 13 minutes to go.  Since you can only use three substitutes (sometimes five if its an exhibition, which this was) during a soccer game, that's a big deal.  

What makes it an even bigger deal is that Trinidad used all their projected starters like Dwight Yorke (who used to play for the Manchester United team you might have heard of because Malcolm Glazer bought it and screwed it into the ground), and Stern John, who was trapped in MLS before he escaped to real football in England about five years ago.  

World Cup rosters have 23 spots, and it would be an INCREDIBLE honor for a player of Kevon's age to earn a jersey.  Here's hoping he makes it!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

Have only just found out they played this game in London so I could popped along...Also he was just on a weekly football show over here doing the halfway line crossbar challenge

Best thing is, if he actually makes the world cup squad he could find himself running out against England.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

I cant wait to see how he plays this year after playing with guys of this stature. Last year he dominated his side most of the time (including punching that kid from Stetson in the face.). One on one he's the most entertaining player on our side.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

what is soccer? and why can't you use your hands, i think that's crazy!

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  260

Kool Aid the only thing you need to know about soccer is more Siren! Go BULLS! And soccer is gonna be awesome next year its first time I can really say I'm looking forward to a season that isn't usually part of the big 3 Football, BBall, and Baseball.  8)

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

and people make fun of me for watching nascar.... ::)

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

and people make fun of me for watching nascar.... ::)

Hmmm.....watching cars drive round and round in circles....or one of the most exciting games in the world????  Whos the fool? the most watched sport in just about  every country in the world but your little one and maybe Australia....