• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boosters Refute Huggy Story

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

everything is just speculation right now.

we do not know if we will have an opening, we do not know if we can afford huggins, we do not know if Judy will sign off on it.

however, it is pretty clear that all things being equal Huggins would choose USF as his first choice.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

I'd like to see what RMC can do with a full bench, but getting a high profile coach would really jump start the program big time.

Back in the early 80's we got Lee Rose and the program went from being ranked something like 370 up to the top 80 (which means you're an NIT caliber program) in one season.  Rose was always limited though by USF only being in the Sun Belt Conf.

Now, being in the Big East, a high profile coach would have no limitations.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Right. We all know what honorable men these agent/lawyer types are ....

Ahhh the sarcastic underpinnings of this statement.  ::)  Unfortunately, there is a very small minority of bad attorneys that ruin the profession's reputation for the rest of us, so I guess that merits being the butt of lawyer jokes. However, Triple, I'd love to see you call your attorney dishonorable when you are stuck in jam and he/she is the only person that can help.

Back to the topic of this thread, I do agree with Ari that DW could have put this rumor to rest if he would just say flat out "Mac's my man, and I'm sticking with him." This will be very interesting to see how it pans out. I'm sure there are some boosters out there pulling some strings.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

The AD of Duke would wake up in the middle of the night and put the rumor to rest if it were about Coach K.  

Mac knows he has one foot out the door, if its huggins or me, Mac is gone.  DW is going to evaluate Mac "shortly" after the season.  Not much to evaluate.  His track record speaks for itself.  

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

I just think its odd that we don't see Doug around the hoops program like we used to. I know he will not comment until after the season. But AD's usually only do this if its bad. If the coaches job is secure they refute the stories and rumors right away.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Mike Charles is going to be on the Ron and Ian show to say that this is all false and that the Iron Bulls are behind RMC

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

"

"He's had so many bad breaks this year, but I'm 100 percent behind him. He's an educator and a teacher first and a coach second. That's what it's all about.''

what classes does he teach this is the big times not some poor D-III school where the coach teaches first and then coaches I am sorry but in the Big East you better be a coach first.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

I've seen Doug at almost every game, if not every game.  He's been around.

My bad then. I just haven't seen him in the Green and Gold room lately.