• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCONN COACH DOGS USF!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Anyhow my friend Eric who goes to the University of Connecticut was listening to Joe D'Ambrosio on WTIC 1080 (some general Sports/News Station up there)and when the conversation was going towards UConn finishing the season and their remaining schedule, The host's comments as well as Jim Calhoun's comments, went something along these lines:  (I am paraphrasing the comments)

I have a friend who's brother's cousin's nephew heard it too.  ;D

It doesn't really matter if he said it.  We all know our BB program is a mess.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Calhoun is spot on, the Basketball team is not that good and the fan support has been lackluster due to a poor product.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I doubt Coach Calhoun said that about, although he has taken a couple of potshots at us, one being when he didn't know who Coach McCullum was and the other when he said 15 teams were playing well in the conference a month into the season.

Again, until there is a link with those quotes I find it hard to believe that was said. UConn will have a good deal of fans at the game, but I expect our student turnout will be the best of the season, so they will be loud.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  0

Peope are always saying crap about Jim Calhoun. He is tied as tight as they come, but he does have class and would never say that about USF.

Calhoun also prepares for every games no matter who he is playing. If anything, he likely would have said he is worried about a let down as the players perhaps may be focused on the good weather and the upcoming tournaments. Another thing Calhoun does from time to time is when he is asked a stupid question by a reporter, he will return a few words mocking the reporter or offering up some sarcastic return.

If he is real mad about the question then he will tell off the reporter. Otherwise, he is a gentlemen ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

I would expect nothing less from a pal of SG...

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

Sometimes, the truth hurts. Nobody is going to hold your hand and console you in this league.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it should motivate our AD to do something

if its true i have no problem with coach C

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307

There is no freaking way Calhoun would have said that. Just look at the schedule. They played #2 Villanova today and after the USF game, they play a desperate Louisville team on national TV. If anything, UConn should view this as a potential trap game.

Guest rueben_Horowitz

If you think for one second that Calhoun cares one way or another about insulting USF, you're crazy.

You think he wants to play a team that's 0-conference at the end of the season?? You think he wants to lose a game at the end of the season to a team that lost to B-CC and FIU? You're crazy...He has NOTHING to gain by playing USF.

It's like USC's football team playing Alcorn state the last game of the season - You just want to get back on the plane with no injuries...UConn's practice squad is more valuable at this point than USF in Calhoun's view.

The truth hurts sometimes.