• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Expansion talk time again...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  0

We of couse only secured our first bowl this year.  But bowl money is split among the confrence members.  Confrence USA bowls are usually loosers in terms of money.  So your split is lower especially among 12 members.  If UCON had gotten the Mein Car Care and we would have gone to an at large like Motor City the confrence makes more money.  As for basketball no we don't have a great track record but we usually finish middle of the pack making us look like the Lakers compared to UCF.  As for Memphis it has a nice market great basketball, nice airport for travel, and ok football.  Their biggest knock is its not known as a great academic school.

Guest Hello
 We of couse only secured our first bowl this year.  

Wasn't it the Big East who "secured" the the Meineke Bowl by contractual agreement rather than USF?

But bowl money is split among the confrence members.

True but what does that have to do with your original statement?  

"Adding teams that don't make money bowls or who don't excel in Baskeball is a waste of time."

Do teams bring money making bowl contracts with them?

Confrence USA bowls are usually loosers in terms of money.  So your split is lower especially among 12 members.

What in the world does that have to do with a team being asked to join the Big East ???  

If UCON had gotten the Mein Car Care and we would have gone to an at large like Motor City the confrence makes more money.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda! The BE only gets an invite to the MCB if the B10 doesn't have enough of eligible teams.

As for basketball no we don't have a great track record but we usually finish middle of the pack making us look like the Lakers compared to UCF.

The last time I checked, USF finished dead last this past season in the Big East, dead last in C-USA in 2004-2005 and 10th out of of 15 teams the year before.

UCF finished 5th in C-USA this year.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

we didn't finish dead last in 2004-2005... so I guess you haven't looked.

We finished at 14-16 (without Bradley Mosley), 1 win from the NIT after losing to the champ Memphis in the CUSA tournament after we beat Houston in the first round, and #24 Cincy in the 2nd round, and knocking off #25 Charlotte in the last regular season game.

If we finished dead last, we wouldn't have been in the cusa tournament at all as the worst 2 seeds didn't make it to Memphis.

Guest Hello

Oops! I missed a season (C-USA site's history skipped it)....5-11 in C-USA 2004-05 which is hardly anything to write home about;  Dead last (1-15) C-USA 2003-04;  and 7-9 (10th 0f 15) C-USA 2002-2003.

One win away from the NIT...that's like saying I almost got invited to the Jr Prom. :-[

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

maybe... but it was a great run... beat 2 ranked teams, and another top 40 team in a matter of 4 or 5 days... not too shabby.  Especially without our leading scorer from the previous season...(RIP B-Mo)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Rumor has it, Louisville boosters want out of the BE already.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Rumor has it, Louisville boosters want out of the BE already.

Where did you hear this?  Why do they want out?

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

and 7-9 (10th 0f 15) C-USA 2002-2003.

Hmmm... we finished 7-9 in CUSA that year.  THIS year, you finished 8-8 in CUSA, and you didn't have to play Louisville OR Cincinnati during the regular season OR the CUSA tournament.

I'd be quiet if I were you and worry about beating SMU next year.