• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And we are screwed . . . .  NOW (Kravitz)

Guest PariahII

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe Rod SMith can take on both OC and DC positions.  

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142
  • Days Won:  0

Something is not right.  He goes from a defensive coordinator to a safeties coach!!!  Is it the Money?

YES!  He was wined and dined big time!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ouch...this really hurts that a guy who had a GREAT grasp on this defense would bolt to take a position coaching job at  another BCS school.

I can only think of 2 reasons:

1) Money

2) Fight

The good news is Leavitt did have a lot of say in the defense, but Kravitz was a very good schemer from what I saw.

Former players like fbdo...whats your take?

Kinda interesting 'cuz I had a big time USF fan and personal acquaintance of Kravitz guarantee me he wouldn't go anyplace for a better job.  Mutt, you know who I'm talking about.  What's up?  What's Coach/Art think or know?

Coach spoke to Rick this morning and is in shock!!!  All I can say is that he was offered a very nice package and was wined and dined BIG time!  I do also know he would like to be head coach someday.  We just can't believe it because he just bought a huge, beautiful home and was redecorating.  His wedding is this weekend so it will definitely have a different tone to it.  If we hear anything else, we'll let you know.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Kinda interesting 'cuz I had a big time USF fan and personal acquaintance of Kravitz guarantee me he wouldn't go anyplace for a better job.

He didn't ......    ;)

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Joe, you are right about Leavitt being a defensive coach. Also, Wally Burnham is not a bad DC either. I guess we will stick with one DC this year instead of that Co-Defensive Cordinater stuff. Maybe Kravitz wanted to be promoted more by Leavitt, but did not get what he though he was promised. Face it, something went on behind the scenes that we dont know about because you would have to be crazy to demote yourself to a safety's coach. Also, Kravitz is not exactly going into the best situation. There are many NC ST fans that were not happy with the head coach at NC ST. If NCST has a bad year this season, I would not be surprised if they cleaned house with that coaching staff. I wish Kravitz luck, but I dont see why he would leave now.

And the comments by Chad Simpson make me sick. Let him leave if he is going to have an attitude like that about not getting to play enough. Of course you are promised to get the chance to play when you sign at a school. That is called recruiting tactics. You are going to have to do more that run back a kickoff TD against a bad UL special teams to get more playing time that Hall or Ponton. Hell, he was lucky to even get that much playing time at all because one of our better RB in Billy Henderson was injured. Good riddance.

Joe, you are right about . Also, Kravitz is not exactly going into the best situation. There are many NC ST fans that were not happy with the head coach at NC ST. If NCST has a bad year this season, I would not be surprised if they cleaned house with that coaching staff.

DING DING DING...we have a winner!!!  Didn't take long for someone to point out.  This is what I was alluding to in my other post.  Don't think he'll stay safeties coach for long!

" I do also know he would like to be head coach someday."

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

I doubt Coack K would end up a head coach of a BCS school anytime soon. But I think you could see him at a mid major.

I also think Coach Burnham will be named D Coordinator.

Only time will tell....

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Kinda interesting 'cuz I had a big time USF fan and personal acquaintance of Kravitz guarantee me he wouldn't go anyplace for a better job.  Mutt, you know who I'm talking about.  What's up?  What's Coach/Art think or know?

Coach has known Rick since they were kids, and he's just as suprised as the rest of us...  Ronnie McKeefery said it was true but declined to say who was gonna fill the position.

I'm friggin flaberghasted.