• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Sun Dome's New Floor...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I hate the old school look

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  115

Its nice that you spent the time designing a new floor but their are a few problems with your design.  

1st The U's on the end of the court while nice need to be replaced by South Florida or USF.  Putting South Florida in the green area means you can't see it.  And its all about TV.  So away they go.

2nd The shield while cool looking doesn't seem to match what any of the teams are  using, meaning we loose our indentity.  It's all about TV.  Away it goes.

3rd Since the Sundome owns the floor you have to have their name on it. It's all about TV.

4th Theirs has always been talk that we should put Tampa somewhere on the court to est. an idenity.  It's all about TV.

5th Have you tried to get gold paint.  Its horribly expensive if you can find it and trying to paint it on wood is a major headache.  It's also all about money.

A little history on the current floor.  It was a demo floor that Robbins sold us at a discount (about 80,000)sometime in the late 80's. It was a replacement from when the original Sundome floor that got warped from rain when the roof caved in. That floor was sold and sent somewhere up North in the mid 90's.  The current floor has been fully repainted 3 times and had the confrence  logo changed 3 times (not counting the last major repaint for the Big East)  It has been refinshed numerous times and has two pieces replaced due to damage.  Its been set up in 3 other venues  (the Trop, Ice Palace, and Lakeland).The dead spots are normal for portable floors although ours seems to have a few more due to its age and the number of times its taken apart.

Go bulls.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

and now you know the rest of the story ;D

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

usfcourt02.jpg

Glad you are not in Charge. I like the current one!

I actually like it (except for the South Florida on the bottom and the 3 million iconic "U"'s on the sides) While I still like the current floor, it really has no "life" to it. I remember the old floor that we had when we had the goat as the mascot. It had color and some "life" to it (until the goat killed it). I agree though, the seal looks great in the middle!

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

1st The U's on the end of the court while nice need to be replaced by South Florida or USF.  Putting South Florida in the green area means you can't see it.  And its all about TV.  So away they go.

I didnt wanna put a U in the middle of the court, as I explained before, because the U is EVERYWHERE and I thought this was as good of an opportunity as any to actually USE the shield.

To make up for the loss of the U in the middle, and kind of as a "fine, you want U's we'll GIVE you U's....", I put them obnoxiously on the sides.

Tennessee was my inspiration, with their obnoxious checkerboard deal...

2nd The shield while cool looking doesn't seem to match what any of the teams are  using, meaning we loose our indentity.  It's all about TV.  Away it goes.

See #1

Also, what better way to introduce it to the rest of the country? Arent we the BULLS? The shield has a big ass picture of a BULL! How does that make us LOSE our identity?! If anything, it helps, if you ask me...

3rd Since the Sundome owns the floor you have to have their name on it. It's all about TV.

In between center court and the 3 pt lines, i left open. Simply because the Sun Dome doesnt HAVE a logo (if it does, ive never seen it) to use. But if it did, you could easily put it there along with sponsors, like other schools do.

4th Theirs has always been talk that we should put Tampa somewhere on the court to est. an idenity.  It's all about TV.

TAMPA?!

That's a dumb idea.

People will learn where we are when we start winning. Period.

5th Have you tried to get gold paint.  Its horribly expensive if you can find it and trying to paint it on wood is a major headache.  It's also all about money.

This is a MAJOR COLLEGE UNIVERSITY. I would tell them what my boss tells me: make it happen.

Thanks for the feedback though. 'preciate it.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I actually like it (except for the South Florida on the bottom and the 3 million iconic "U"'s on the sides) While I still like the current floor, it really has no "life" to it. I remember the old floor that we had when we had the goat as the mascot. It had color and some "life" to it (until the goat killed it). I agree though, the seal looks great in the middle!

I liked the old floor as well(minus the STUPID basketball in the key).

No one had any problem with the old goat at center court....but everyone hates the shield(which looks a whole lot cooler and meaner).........i dont get it.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

That looks like some kind of knock-off doormat. I like the current one.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I thought this was as good of an opportunity as any to actually USE the shield.

Also, what better way to introduce it to the rest of the country? Arent we the BULLS? The shield has a big ass picture of a BULL! How does that make us LOSE our identity?! If anything, it helps, if you ask me...

I'm not sure why they even made the shield up, as they've made it clear that they don't intend to use it as a centerpiece.  With that said, if they aren't going to use it anywhere else, then they shouldn't use it here because it would actually dilute the recognition of the main centerpiece, the iconic U.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  115

Thank you Mike. It looks like Shoop doesn't understand the concept of branding.  While I agree if we don't use the shield it will go away I think the U is far more marketable than the shield.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I like the shield.  It has, "USF" in it, with the iconic, "U".  Shoop, I might tweak it a bit, but overall, I like it.