• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sun Dome renovations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Mike,

I havent seen plans, but putting them anywhere else would without a doubt be very expensive. I know Miami fans won't show to their games for football. But their attendance is basketball is almost double ours this year.

There is no reason for them. Provide me with a valid reason that would outweigh the costs, other than "corporate sponsors" who would be willing to pay 200,000 to 300,000 over 10 years for them. I have yet to see those corporate sponsors really show for their 20 dollar a game seats yet I don't know if there will be enough willing to spend to take those boxes.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

I say the place needs to be gutted. The wooden steps up to the seats are garbage, new lighting needs to be installed, and the seats need to be replaced (the green and golds dont even all match and some are cracked and falling apart) do those renovations before talking about suites.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i don't see the purpose of having suites, personally its just dumb to have in a college basketball stadium, i can picutre the sundome and can't imagine a place that they would look good in, leave the sundome but just replace the things i mentioned in my previous post

I agree 100% rickster. Leave it the way it is and fix whats wrong now. The seats, lighting, and concorse need it much more badly than we need suites.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Corporate sponsors are the primary reason to have them.  Just because you don't like them or don't believe it justifies the cost, doesn't mean it isn't a valid reason.  I don't think we need a lot of them, or a huge section of suites.  I think we could justify four small suites, and easily sell them.

I say the place needs to be gutted. The wooden steps up to the seats are garbage, new lighting needs to be installed, and the seats need to be replaced (the green and golds dont even all match and some are cracked and falling apart) do those renovations before talking about suites.

It would make more sense to do it all at once, rather than renovating twice...

I agree 100% rickster. Leave it the way it is and fix whats wrong now. The seats, lighting, and concorse need it much more badly than we need suites.

Yet the suites would be the only part of a project to provide incremental revenue streams to pay for the bonds.

Mike, The point is there is almost no interest in suites at the college basketball level. If there was why wouldn't major schools be rushing out to get them? People just do not see the value in buying a suite when the only events hosted at the venue are basketball, several minor college sports, college scoped concerts, and sesame street live. People pay for suites at SPT Forum because they know they get the Lightning games, the Storm games, and a multitude of events that might appeal to them throughout the year.

I understand your argument, but disagree.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  60

UCF's new arena will have 18 suites, of which over half have been sold.  There will also be 500 club seats, most of those are gone as well.

Your team does not have to win to sell those suites.  Most of those are sold to alumni that usually use them for their corporations use.  Its a nice tax break.