• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sun Dome renovations

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I get the reason for moving the games downtown, but I don't agree with it. College basketball games are not all day affairs like football most people get in and out. I can't imagine it would help student support my moving the games away from campus.

Hopefully, it would be just A game and it should be to garner support from the community not students. There would be plenty of games on campus to keep working on the students .....

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545
  • Days Won:  0

Its not all students...I, along with some friends have been to:

-all home football games plus bowl game

-3 mens Soccer games

-1 volleyball match

-most mens b-ball games

-most womens b-ball games

I didn't need anyone to tell me when they were I knew because I care...however, if you want students to come post signs over at the Marshall center and dorms.  Students have been doing a good job at mens b-ball games and football games this year.  Give it time and all students will be there.

And BullsFans, lets try to say something positive about the Bulls for once!

GO BULLS!!

Guest Lurky_Lurkington

Hopefully, it would be just A game and it should be to garner support from the community not students. There would be plenty of games on campus to keep working on the students .....

But again, what about the big picture in regards to naming rights, which would generate more up-front revenue than any amount of suites we're talking about? If I work for a big-time, legitimate company and you tell me you want me to pay $$$$$$ to put my name on a facility that doesn't merit hosting all of it's own events, ESPECIALLY those of a high profile, I'm going to say thanks but no thanks. Of course, if we're all happy with some cut rate deal that results in our teams playing at the 1-800 Ask Gary Dome, I guess that's fine. But I thought expectations across the board were supposed to be higher now?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I wouldn't mind one game downtown as long as it isn't against a team that would bring 10,000 of their own fans (UF, Duke, etc.)

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  66

The seat i got for bballs games the back comes off. And as a student i've been to all but 3 Home Basketball games 2 Mens Soccer games and all the Home football games.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

I can attest to a crazy amount of student apathy here. The vast majority of my students not only cannot name more than one member of either the basketball or football teams, but actually have animosity toward the athletic department for wasting their money.

I'm pretty sure it's the commuter nature of our university; people see us as a machine they put money into and get a degree back from. That's not an issue for the athletic dept. to deal with, it's one for admissions to deal with.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Bobcat, I have heard the same song and dance many times about the 8.75 athletic fee per credit hour. Most small school in state charge similar, but they look at schools like UF which charges 1.50 and FSU 4.00 and complain.

Note: UF does charge students 7 bucks a ticket for football, but there is a demand for them, they usually sellout quickly. FSU's fee includes the cost for football tickets and every student is usually guarenteed a ticket if they choose to go.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

I wouldn't mind one game downtown as long as it isn't against a team that would bring 10,000 of their own fans (UF, Duke, etc.)

That would be the game to put downtown, otherwise everyone won't fit in the Sun Dome.

Now, lets get back to the RENOVATIONS portion of our programming.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Now, lets get back to the RENOVATIONS portion of our programming.

Good luck on that!

How many actual renovations replies are there in 8 pages?

4?!

You cant start a thread around here anymore without someone hijacking it...

::)