• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sun Dome renovations

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

How many years has USF been "developing"?

Two and a half if you're refering to the basketball team ....

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BullsFans

Two and a half if you're refering to the basketball team ....

Excuse me....then what were they doing before that...playing pocket pool?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

New arena being considered for U of L

By Mike Hughes

Date: Apr 11, 2005

Atlanta-based Rosser International pitched a $162 million arena plan to replace 50 year-old Freedom Hall to the Big East Facilities Task Force, comprised of University of Louisville and local officials Monday afternoon.

Atlanta-based Rosser International pitched a $162 million arena plan to replace 50 year-old Freedom Hall to the Big East Facilities Task Force, comprised of University of Louisville and local officials.

The proposal, one of four options - the other three called for renovations of Freedom Hall - presented by Fred Krensen, an architect at Rosser International, calls for a 21,000-seat arena to be constructed at the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center at the site of the old Cardinal Stadium, the former home of the Louisville Redbirds and U of L football program. The new arena would include 2,000 club-level seats, 60 luxury suites, and a 3,000-space parking structure. Renovation of Freedom Hall could cost between $119-141 million.

Unlike it's current arrangement with the state-owned Freedom Hall, U of L would have exclusive scheduling rights in a new arena at the KFEC.

http://louisville.scout.com/2/368911.html

Bullsfan, I have followed this arena situation very closely in Louisville for a few years. The agreement calls for more city money and state money for the arena than from the school itself. Louisville is a rather large city that has tried to attract an NBA team for years (I'll get the link to their 2001 report they submitted to the NBA calling for this arena). While it is unlikely to get the NBA, they do use it as a main venue for the city. Acts that go through the SPT Forum go through there venue. That is not the case at the Sundome. Most the acts are geared toward the college crowd.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

yup.

2 1/2 years is the correct answer.  Its called re-building.  That happens when you get a new coach with a big difference in philosophies.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Apparently so, otherwise those "before that" would still BE here....

Guest BullsFans

Rick Pitino has only been at UL for 5 so  according to TB and Velcro that means they have only been developing for a couple  more years  than USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Rick Pitino has only been at UL for 5 so  according to TB and Velcro that means they have only been developing for a couple  more years  than USF.

Right, that Crum guy was a horrible coach ........... Did you just fall off a turnip truck?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Anyone who thinks UL and USF should be in the same boat with regards to fan support needs to either turn off the engine, or at least open the garage door.