• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kylan Robinson commits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Kylan Robinson just verballed to Miami.  I wonder if Javarris James will reconsider his verbal.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

cant wait for wednesday

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Wednesday should be interesting

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

PREP SPORTS

Chamberlain RB Robinson Headed To Miami

By ANWAR S. RICHARDSON arichardson@tampatrib.com

Published: Jan 26, 2006

TAMPA - Chamberlain High senior running back Kylan Robinson has verbally committed to play for the University of Miami.

The 6-foot-1, 215-pounder chose the Hurricanes over Ohio State and South Carolina.

"South Carolina offered me playing time, but they were a team on the rise. Miami offered me playing time, but they are a team sitting on top. I liked Ohio State, but Miami had great facilities and they were a private school with much smaller classrooms," Robinson said. "When I told Ohio State [i wasn't coming] they didn't really react that much. South Carolina seemed a little confused and disappointed.

"The coaches at Miami were very excited. I'm ready to go on campus for summer workouts and get ready for this season."

Robinson was named a utility player on the Class 5A All-State team selected by the Florida Sports Writers Association. He was named to The Tampa Tribune's All-Hillsborough County team after rushing for 1,660 yards in nine games, including a 402-yard performance against Alonso on Oct. 14. Robinson rushed 24 times for 402 yards and three touchdowns that night with scoring runs of 83, 72 and 82 yards. Another 50-yard touchdown was negated by a holding penalty.

The first-year Florida player played wide receiver last season at East Anchorage High in Alaska and moved to Tampa three days before classes began at Chamberlain. He started out at defensive end before being shifted to tight end. After watching him on a kickoff return and running a post pattern, Chamberlain assistant coach Brian Turner noticed Robinson's speed and switched him to running back. After his fifth game, Robinson had the breakout night against Alonso.

"I don't know how good he is, but he's a great running back. He has a great future ahead of him," Chamberlain coach Billy Turner said. "I've never seen this happen. I've never seen a kid go from an unknown commodity to pretty much being able to name whatever school he wanted to attend. It was like a fairy tale to him."