• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Geez... now I'm feeling harassed from BAP...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

and I don't have a **** clue as to what they even do on campus... here's two more emails I just received. Between trying to close my house tomorrow or Thursday, working 18+ hours a day again, and having major dental work also on Thursday, can someone handle my lightwork! For all of you sending emails... I owe you a beer at the next tailgate I get too... And by Thursday afternoon, my smile will look like this  ;D... $15,000 later. Maybe USF should open a dental school!

Well... here's the emails... enjoy.

Sent :  Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:30 AM

To :  michael lucas <twodeeptwolong@hotmail.com>

CC :  bbaker103@tampabay.rr.com

Subject :  Re: FSU or UF?

|  |  | Inbox

Are you also spreading this questionnaire around?  I noticed that some other people are starting to send hate e-mails too (do you know a Brent at bbaker103@tampabay.rr.com?).  If so, please tell them to kindly direct their indignation at me and not Loren, because yes, I am the culprit.  That's great that you played USF football, and I did go to more USF football games than I watched Bucs games, but I honestly don't know why you guys are making such a huge deal out of this.  That's great that you have a lot of USF pride and pride in its education, but you can't let that pride brainwash you into BULLIEVING everything you see or hear.  You can go ahead and hate UF all you want, but they still have way more stringent academic requirements, more research recognition, and a more experienced athletic program.  It's not exactly a cess pool.  I like USF because I always like being a part of something that's up and coming, the group that's the underdog. Don't get all worked up over all this.  USF's time will definitely come, but sending harassing emails won't make that time come sooner.  

If sending professional-sounding harassment emails makes you feel better about yourself, go right ahead, but make sure you send them to mr.jon.mendoza@gmail.com.  

-jon

AND THEN THE SECOND ONE...

Okay, well the reason I had that question on a survey was because those 20 questions were part of what is known as an "Impulse" survey.  All of the questions are general knowledge (as in, they are well-known by most people), and either choice will lump you into a category and says something about what kind of person you are.  I hate to break it to you, but FSU and UF are simply better-known universities.  There are still people in the US who think that Florida only has two universities, FSU and UF.  Your fanatical devotion is admirable, but take everything with a grain of salt.  You can be loyal to whatever you want, but it'll let you down sooner or later.  

Since you don't have anything better to do, here's a cool website: www.puzzleconnection.com.  

Some of those crossword puzzles should keep you busy.  You can also forward that link to all of your other friends who have nothing better to do than send harassing emails.  

This is the last email you'll get from me.  You can go ahead and spend your free time writing more harassing emails if you want, but make sure you send them to me.  Like I said, your devotion is admirable, but eventually you're going to have to leave college behind, fellas.  Will any of this matter in 10 years?  10 years down the line, how many people will even know you went to USF, FSU, or UF, or whatever?  I do believe USF gives a quality education, I'm in Accounting, and I know that that particular major is one of USF's fortes.  I do believe that USF is an up and coming school, that's why I really like it here.  But the truth is, FSU and UF are simply better known schools, and those schools also give quality education, if not better than USF's.  But it's not where you go to school, it's what you do when you get there.  USF's time will come, but sending harassing emails preaching about your devoted fanaticism and all your BULLIEFS isn't going to help USF come up sooner.  

I'm sorry if the survey offended anybody, but if any of you need any emotional support, here's the number for the USF Counseling Center: (813)974-2831.  

-Jon Mendoza

The composer of the infamous survey

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

lol too funny

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

this is who youre dealing with.... should end all questions...

n5002012_11867.jpg

Guest wildrover

I'm actually quite flattered, "professional sounding email"  Im not accused of that everyday, its either mine or sheriff's right?  I put mine up here for all to see, you be the judge of the professionalism.  I'm not making any claims though, the last thing I want to be seen as is professional, I do have a reputation to maintain.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

you didnt use the word "like" as many times as a valley girl, so youre professional in his eyes

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

what a sad state of affairs

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22

I'm in Accounting, and I know that that particular major is one of USF's fortes.  I do believe that USF is an up and coming school, that's why I really like it here.  But the truth is, FSU and UF are simply better known schools, and those schools also give quality education, if not better than USF's.

For someone who is in BAP -- The Honor Society for Accounting -- he should KNOW THAT USF IS BETTER THAN UF & FSU IN AT LEAST ACCTG!!!  Right outside the accounting deparment office is the national stats with USF's stats....

National Avg 24.6% Pass Rate of the CPA for about 50,000 in 2003.

USF PASS RATE OF THE CPA EXAM-- 90% (maybe it was 80% but I honestly belive it was 90%)...

WOW!  If you can have a higher passing rate then 90% on the CPA exam when the national average is 24.6% then I made the wrong choice in schools for Accounting.

I think people "think" they get more at FSU and UF because that is a common myth by those who support a place that give them nothing in return.  

There is no problem with someone supporting a school they attended but to have never attended that school, or have the ability to attend it in the future... is just jumping on the WAGON!!  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

BAP was a bunch of losers when I was there.  I went to one of their meetings once, and never went again.