• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Point of Pride:  USF Gets $1.02 MM Donation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

Philanthropists' Gift To USF Is Worth $1.02 Million

TAMPA - Tampa philanthropists Frank and Carol Morsani plan to present a donation to the University of South Florida worth $1.02 million, university officials said Monday.

The gift would pay for the Robert L. Anderson Professorship in Global Business at USF's College of Business Administration. The Morsanis are giving $600,000, an amount eligible for a $420,000 state match, officials said.

The professorship is named in honor of business college Dean Robert Anderson, who is retiring from USF after 35 years.

The Morsanis were awarded honorary doctorate degrees from USF in May. They plan to present the gift to USF at 11 a.m. Friday in the Muma Auditorium at Chester A. Ferguson Hall.

Adam Emerson

http://www.tbo.com/news/MGBVOZLO9IE.html

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Frank seems like a real great guy.  He spoke at my graduation back in May when he received the honorary degrees and he was moved to tears.  Very geniune guy and USF will be forever grateful to have such wonderful supporters

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  295

Nice piece of change to drop on the school..that is great news..thank you Frank and Carol Morsani.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Nice guy that got jobbed by MLB ....   >:(

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Nice guy that got jobbed by MLB ....   >:(

Yeah, I often wonder what baseball in Tampa Bay would be like if he got the team.  I remember they were going to be the Panthers and I think their colors were to be green and gold and they were to play in Tampa.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Thank You !!!

P.S. Saw that OK St just received a sports donation of $ 160,000,000 from a Texas billionaire  :o

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

I was in texas with Morsani's group the day he got jobbed by MLB.  when Ueberroth called to tell him "no thanks", when he had the Rangers wrapped up in a bow to be delivered to Tampa Bay, I learned a lot about what being a classy business man was like....on the other hand, i learned a lot about how shirrrty and brutal business  was in the real world....later to top off the day's education at Lace in Fort Worth, at the Billy Martin Table.......aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Tip of the Tampa Bay Baseball Group hat to Mr.Morsani!

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

Frank seems like a real great guy.  He spoke at my graduation back in May when he received the honorary degrees and he was moved to tears.  Very geniune guy and USF will be forever grateful to have such wonderful supporters

he's an awesome guy.. i used to work at Avila Golf and CC and always took care of his golf clubs.  He's the only member over there with a USF bag, so his clubs were always clean  :D