• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

ORANGE VIEW: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim didn’t hide his displeasure in the Orange’s performance, but said the Bulls have a good core.

“Their big guy [Jones] is really good,’’ Boeheim said. “"I think he is a really good player. He missed a couple shots today that he can make. He’s a big factor on defense. [Melvin] Buckley’s a good player, Holmes is a really good player, and I think [McHugh] Mattis is a good player. They have four really good players, really good players. They’re Big East players, whatever that is.

"Their point guard [Chris Capko], if he didn’t have to wear that mask, he’d be all right too, I’m sure.’’

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

If he can figure out a way to limit his turnovers, he could be servicable, but there is still a huge drop off from even Dennis to Capko.

As long as he is giving us his all, we can't ask for much more.  He's the best we have right now.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

The team has proved they can play with anyone. Getting victories in our first year in the Big East is second to showing we can compete. The victories will come.

The SEC is on the way down and we will benefit.

We already have.

In a few years we will look at this team with nothing but respect and gratitude.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know about proven we can play with "anyone" just yet.  But we have shown we can play with good teams.  We'll see what happens with Villanova... if we can hang with them... that would be a great statement.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think this team can "play anyone tough," not sure I would say hang with anyone. While it would be nice to pounce the SEC schools in basketball, they have some of the best recruiting classes for 2006 and 2007.

UGA, Tennessee, Alabama, Miss St, LSU and of course UK and UF are going to be very good team in a few years.

I think we should keep destroying Miami for recruits, they have been getting some decent guys. In state Florida and Florida State have been grabbing players, as has memphis. South Florida is where we should be recruiting the hardest.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

Can someone explain to me what his comment was supposed to mean in regards to Capko? The poor guy is coming off an AWFUL nose break (if you were there, YOU KNOW)...I'm amazed he's back so soon. I had a nose break from cheering that required me to have reconstructive surgery on my nose (sawing down the bone, moving it back into place) and I was out from physical activity for 6 weeks!

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

The SEC has never really been that good to begin with.  There is noway the SEC can hold a candle to either the BIG EAST or ACC in hoops. I am more worried about the ACC then I ever will be about the SEC in hoops. It is just the way it is. Hell, the BIG EAST may have about two teams in the Final Four this year, and you can bet that most of the BIG EAST teams are loading up on great recruiting classes as well.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think for 2006 its

1. Big 10

2. ACC

3. Big East

4. SEC

5. Pac - 10

6. Big 12

What is helping the Big 10 is the fact that Ohio State is pulling so much in

UNC is top in the country, but the ACC is having an off year in recruiting.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Can someone explain to me what his comment was supposed to mean in regards to Capko? The poor guy is coming off an AWFUL nose break (if you were there, YOU KNOW)...I'm amazed he's back so soon. I had a nose break from cheering that required me to have reconstructive surgery on my nose (sawing down the bone, moving it back into place) and I was out from physical activity for 6 weeks!

He's saying that the mask is limiting his vision, and he'd be okay without it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

he has looked better with the mask then without it. His play has been a little better since the injury