• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

University Is Bullish On A New Sports Bar

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I ate there while I was down on vacation, the menu was NOT ho-hum.  The food was actually very good...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Who needs another place to eat ho-hum chow.

There's thousands of starving retards in Orlando who would love to eat a meal with actual utensils.

Guest BullsFans
Hotmellow.....the food I tried was not all that good.  I had the Mahi-Mahi sandwich with onion rings.  The breading on the fish filet was so thick that I barely tasted the fish.  Plus the bread for the sandwich was extremely thick and had absolutely no flavor.  Also, the onion rings were extremely bland with again, too much breading.

ZBC..... I went there last week.  The menu looked okay.  I'll admit the  food was a little bland in comparison to the menu descriptions.

USFMike...I  ate there while I was down on vacation, the menu was NOT ho-hum.  The food was actually very good...

I'm happy happy to hear that you enjoyed it Mike...How do you rate the food at Mickey D's?

Guest BullsFans

There's thousands of starving retards in Orlando who would love to eat a meal with actual utensils.

Funny but, I have yet to come across them.  I guess you frequent different places in Orlando than I do.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Listen, Bottom line is if you're gonna advertise as a USF themed joint, you gotta have something that is related to USF right?  Resturant vs. sports bar?  A place dosen't have to be trashy to be a sports bar and a resturaunt's decor dosen't have to be minimalistic to be classy.    Believe me, I hang out in some real dumps... ;)

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142
  • Days Won:  0

As for the name..."The Bull Ring" sounds more like a  mexican restaurant than a USF themed joint.

From what I've read here, I won't waste my time going there even out of curiosity.

Who needs another place to eat ho-hum chow.  Thanks for the heads up.

I'm just curious, do you always let everyone else make your decisions for you?  What could it hurt you to try it?  I'm pretty sure NOT EVERYONE on this board likes the exact same restaurants or types of food.  So just because a few people on here don't like the food, doesn't mean everyone on here doesn't.  I've seen it both ways.

Guest BullsFans

I'm just curious, do you always let everyone else make your decisions for you?  What could it hurt you to try it?  I'm pretty sure NOT EVERYONE on this board likes the exact same restaurants or types of food.  So just because a few people on here don't like the food, doesn't mean everyone on here doesn't.  I've seen it both ways.

I'm the one making the decision, a decision based on what I have heard described here...there are too many great restaurants in the bay area  to waste the time and money driving out of my way to try one that is at  the very least suspect of being less than great.

So please tell what it is about this place that would entice me to try it?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

So please tell what it is about this place that would entice me to try it?

Not a thing. It's geared towards Bulls fans. You'd feel out of place....

Guest BullsFans

Not a thing. It's geared towards Bulls fans. You'd feel out of place....

From what I've read here so far, it sounds more like a place geared to anyone who wants to pay to eat ho-hum food at a place that's painted green and gold.

Guest BullsFans

To begin with, this is not a SPORTS BAR. Beef O'Bradys is a sports bar. This is going to be a Bulls "themed" restaurant. The two are quite different. You need to get your arms around that concept right now.

Have you told the management that?

"Haines, a graduate of The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, N.Y., said, "We tried to make sure we were competitive with upscale sports bars." "