• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bronson Likely Will Kick USF To The Curb

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Talked to Levitt this afternoon. He's actually considering a JUCO transfer for holder if our current one doesn't pan out.  

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

DANG ! ... I prefer a prep so we can RS them to learn and then we can have 4 years ... unless they turn pro early.

8)

Guest BullsFans

According to the St Pete Times It's a done deal.... Bronson is Gone!

" BRONSON TO TRANSFER: Kyle Bronson, the freshman walk-on from Wharton who became USF's starting kicker and connected on 11 of 16 field goals this season, has requested his release and plans to transfer this summer.

Bronson's mother, Tammy, said her son spoke with coach Jim Leavitt after the season and asked to be put on scholarship.

Leavitt, who has one kicker on scholarship in freshman Mike Benzer and has a commitment from Robinson punter/kicker Delbert Alvarado, did not want to put Bronson on scholarship for the spring semester, she said.

With Bronson's departure, the likely starter is Benzer, who was 0-for-3 on field goals and 2-for-3 on extra points before losing the job to Bronson. Redshirt freshman Justin Teachey, a walk-on who handled kickoffs, will also compete for the job this spring."

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/01/12/Sports/Released_from_Gators_.shtml

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

you can tell its the offseason when there is a 10 page topic on a kicker

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

WHAT   a mistake

leavitt is no good

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Rivals.com shows that Robinson kicker Delbert Alvarado committed to USF today.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38

Bronson receives scholarship - Texas State University - Signed 1/18/06

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  192

Rivals.com shows that Robinson kicker Delbert Alvarado committed to USF today.

I have decided to call a press conference for our incoming kicker.  I would like to welcome Delbert to the Bull Nation.  He will be posting a statement later today on his excitement of becoming a Bull.  He will compete for all kicking duties:  FG, Kickoffs, and Punting.  No worry Bulls fan Delbert will bring a swagger to the kicking game !  

Guest delbert alvarado

hey, this is delbert, well to start off i cant even put into words how excited and honored i am to go to USF!Today i read that Ilia Petrov....a good friend of mine that kicked at TECH is coming too, so that makes me even more excited.as for Bronson leaving......honestly that kinda sucks...because i really liked him as a kicker and i was looking forward to meeting him..i saw him one day at a practice and he seemed like a fun person to be around ..but i know he is going to produce and do good  where ever he goes..i think its noth texas?I had alot of fun on my visit and themplayers and coaches treated me and my family really good and i appreciated that.im looking forward to competing and doing my best in order to earn a starting job...regardless its going to be a great experience.Go Bulls!!!!!!!! #25God Bless!