• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

The All-Girl Cheer nailed their finals routine but somehow finished 5th behind teams that had drops.  Cheerleading and dance judging seems to mirror judging criteria in olympic figure skating.  The Sun Dolls are competing today in their finals and by making the finals have already gone further than ever before.

All of these young women deserve a lot of credit for their efforts.  They aren't on scholarship, fundraise so that they can go to competition (remember the calendar sales), make appearances for the University and practice several times a week.

If you see them any where (this goes for co-ed cheerleaders and Rocky's as well) thank them for all they do for the University.  It will make them feel appreciated when often times they are overlooked.

As soon as we here anything on the SunDolls I'll let you know unless someone beats me to it.

And to the UCF'er, our coed squad didn't compete this year.  You listed the competition schedule for coed and not all girl.  That's why.

Eric

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

Thanks - I believe ours are on scholarship...but personally, I'd rather have them make calendars than eat up scholarship money!! ;)

Yes, you guys do have cheerleading scholarships which certainly helps you recruit.

UPDATE:

SunDolls finish 9th in the Hip-hop division.  The results for the jazz division will be posted in an hour or so.  Congratulations to them for setting a new best.

Eric

The SunDolls finished tied for 11th in the Dance 1A division.  Their highest ever.  This completes the updates.  Thanks to everyone for their support of our spirit squads.  Go Bulls!

Eric

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

thanks for the updates eric, congrats to the sundolls and the all girl cheerleaders for doing awesome this weekend

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

Thank you!! We were elated to nail our routine in finals after a pretty rough performance in semi-finals where we pretty much sqeaked into finals by the skin of our teeth....but yeah, 5th place is a very solid finish...keeps our top 5 streak alive for the 5th straight year, but at the same time, both the 3rd and 4th place teams (who typically finish 1st and 2nd) had significant errors and falls, so it frustrates us quite a bit...but thank you for the support!! :) We hope we made you guys proud!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  193

^i really think it had to do with the difficulty level. ya'll did AWESOME and nailed your routine...but some of the teams that had a few fumbles did some pretty crazy stuff. then again, i don't know much about how they score cheerleading.....

as for sundolls....YAY! 9th and 11th don't sound that great, but to even make it to finals was amazing...a first for us! and some of those dancers are out of this world...simply amazing. we'll get to that level, just give us a while =)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

why doesn't usf have cheerleading scholarships?

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

why doesn't usf have cheerleading scholarships?

Endow the schollies Smazza?!  :)