• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Wasn't Pat Julmiss a 2-star recruit?

;)

no no no he was a -2 star recruit  ;)

CJ Spiller, Colin McCarthy and Riley Cooper are three examples of highly sought after recruits that are in the lower(1a, 2a or 2b) classifications.  Obviously there will be more players with D-1 talent in the high classes but just because someone comes from a lower class does not mean they can't be an excellent player.

While I agree that players from lower classes can and do become excellent players in college, I think QBs need to be developed and play against tougher competition in high school. These guys are not QBs and it has yet to be determined how good they will be in college.

Alot of people think C Hill is our savior and he threw for barely 1800 yards against 1a competition in high school. He was a man amongst boys at that level. Kids he played against are now at the DIII level if they were good.

I just hope we have the coaches to develop his raw talent. I don't think he is one of those guys that learned all the fundamentals in high school. He was able to succeed on raw talent alone. That won't happen at this level.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

GrothE won against Top FL HS talent ... I like his chances.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I'm pinning my hopes on MG at this point with CH in there a situational 3rd down QB/receiver.  MG is a proven winner and leader.  Carlotin Hill is not.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  146

Grothe was a proven winner in high school, but until I see him or anyone else on the field under game pressures, I don't think it is wise to assume anyone's future success.  Hopefully, all of our QBs work extremely hard in the weight room, in film study, during winter and summer conditioning, and spend extra time with the receivers.

(And I'll save my OC comments for later)

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

I think the girl that Hill was caught with in the janitors closet was beastie's girlfriend ;)