• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dear Herd of Thunder...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

The funny thing about their comments is when I went to the Pep Rally (years ago) before their (NC State's) game against Michigan in Tampa (Outback predecessor) I thought the same thing then....they didn't have their pep rally act together, especially compared to Michigan.  I was so pumped after our pep rally that we looked like we had done this 100 times!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29

It was obvious to me at the pep rally that USF's fans were a lot more organized and enthusiastic.

this made me smile :)

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  66

Hey Bulls Fans,

Thank you, we were so pumped for halftime because of you guys, Going through the stands to get on the field, to after it as we charged the stands, we felt the engery from our fans like well, never before. All weekend starting thursday when we got in to town, you Bull Fans pumped us up, from being in the mall and greating others with the go bulls hand sign to the pep rally.

None of us have even been prouder to be BULLS. Heck, most of us shed some tears durring the Alama Mater. So ya, Thanks Fans for showing up this weekend, and i'm proud to say that i'll be back for next year in the Pride of the Bay, which is going ot be bigger and better, we already got H.S. kids signing up on the website for next year.

GO BULLS!!!

Max

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Max said most of it...

That trip was amazing.  I'm glad we had a decent following in the stands... in that "sea" of red!  Our fans we put up a fight, and I'm glad to agree that our band did too!  Now we can look into the future and hope that new QB isn't like Denson.  

BTW Rockytop:  We have 30 pages of music in our flips... I think Tenn has 2... and NC State had 4... and we had so much music that any random stuff they played, we still had.

You have to play certain songs when certain situations arise and time resrictions limit songs too.  Our team didn't quite change anything up during the game.  Come on by  Fowler Field during band camp in August and I'll personally make sure we play our 30 to 40 songs in a string for ya.  "OHHHHHH ROCKY TOP." Enough said.

(Nothing against the NC State band... we got to chat with them after the game... great guys and are a good band)

We are already starting recruiting for next August and plan on being 250 to 300 strong.  We want NOTHING more than to do EVERYTHING for our program and university.  I'm personally on the recruiting hunt.  I'll make goals.

If you have anything that you think we can improve, let me know.  I love new ideas.  E-mail me at bdschmid@mail.usf.edu.

Check us out at http://band.arts.usf.edu

Again, thanks for the support guys... I'm e-mailing this thead to the director and officers.  We really thank you for your support.  

In Bull Pride!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

if you think HOT is anywhere near the Pride of the Southland you are on crack....  ::)

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

if you think HOT is anywhere near the Pride of the Southland you are on crack....  ::)

Yes, RockyTop, we know. They're not the Pride of the Southland. And they're not TBDBITL. And you know what else? our football team's not Tennessee (this past year not withstanding). And we're not Texas. But the HOT did pretty **** good, certainly won halftime and the whole daggone game this past weekend, and as one of their biggest "constructive criticizers", I'm proud to say that MY band (in the "my team" sense) is coming into its own as a college marching band in its 6th year of existence.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

I am very proud of the way the HOT performed and acted in the stands. We were right in front of them, (Me and my hand!!!) They were loud proud and awesome. I personally am going to E mail Judy to say the HOT needs more funding for stuff, especially new uni's equipment etc. You all did a great job!!!   The Reaper

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Who the F cares about the stupid Tennessee marching band anyway?  WTF does that have to do with anything that matters at all on this board?

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Hey Rockytop... stick that old dog tail between your legs and give up.  You are a Tenn fan on a USF board.  Have I never compared our band to USC, Tenn, FAMU, WVU, FSU, UF, UM, etc.  True musicans don't do that.  We call truce with fellow bandsmen.  It's called being professional.

Are we better?  I couldn't tell ya.  Nor could you.  Give up the hate fest.

Wow, one negative out of so much positive.  THANK YOU BULLS FANS!  Support us, and MORE SO athletics and the university.  It's been 50 years this year... lets show the world what USF has to offer... acadmics and athletics!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Jon Chrystie

Thanks for all the support guys. Even though it was one of the poorer games I've seen here in my four years(I know the guys played hard, the defense looked great), I had the best time up in Charlotte. It's great to see all the fans responding and reacting to us in the stands.

To RockyTop, we have plenty of songs, but we had to split the time outs with NC State's band.

MRebe, We've got those new uniforms coming in for next season  ;D

Again, thanks to everyone that came on the trip who made my last game the most memorable.