• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dear Herd of Thunder...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  0

One thing bothered me however.........I thought it was in somewhat bad taste that the HOT made it a point to shout "We don't need no education" during the Pink Floyd song at halftime.  I know that it is a part of the song, but I found it somewhat embarrassing, considering that we are representing a school, and that the only part of the song that was vocalized was this one.  There were a few Bulls fans around me that shared the sentiment.  I was just waiting for an NC State fan to pipe up w/ something smart to say about it, but they missed the golden opportunity.

Other than that......HOT sounded great!

they did that at the home games when they did that show...you probably just never noticed it....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, unfortunately I don't get to see the halftime shows very often........usually in a mad rush to get to the beer line.  But it just kinda left a bad taste that's all.  I just get defensive when people from other schools give us crap about being a bad school academically, so I felt like this just gave them more fuel for the fire!

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Bull Fans,

I want to say thank you guys for the wonderful comments about H.O.T..  For me personally, this is my reason for being a member of H.O.T.; to represent the university, to entertain the crowd, and to cheer on the football team to victory.

During the off-season, we need you guys to keep talking about the Herd, buy a CD or two when it comes out, keep supporting us, and keep giving us feedback during next season.

If you know of anyone currently enrolled at USF or will be an incoming new student in the Fall and they have an interest in the Marching and Pep bands, have them visit the following link:

http://band.arts.usf.edu/signup.htm

Sincerely,

Herd of Thunder Marching Band 2005, Mellophone

(Hint: I was the Mello on the jumbotron during halftime!)

P.S. I'm off to Key Biscayne for a week of relaxation.  See you guys at the basketball games.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Great Job throughout the game HOT !

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

This is only funny because of your username.

it's the "fight song" and it actually gets the crowd to respond.... everytime it is played, there are at least thousands of people singing along

and they play more songs in one quarter than HOT played all day saturday

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

One thing bothered me however.........I thought it was in somewhat bad taste that the HOT made it a point to shout "We don't need no education" during the Pink Floyd song at halftime.  I know that it is a part of the song, but I found it somewhat embarrassing, considering that we are representing a school, and that the only part of the song that was vocalized was this one.  There were a few Bulls fans around me that shared the sentiment.  I was just waiting for an NC State fan to pipe up w/ something smart to say about it, but they missed the golden opportunity.

Someone in my section quipped afater that line, "That's why I go to NC State"

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

GREAT JOB HOT!!!!  We were so proud of you! ;D  ;D

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I gotta jump into this thread b/c I've been critical of the band in the past but it's finally begging to "get it".

Our fans are really getting into as well with everyone standing up and doing our twirling our arms with while flashing our bulls hand-sign. It's a tradition in the making and the best part is that it happened by itself and was not forced down upon us by the media, student govt and administration.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I gotta jump into this thread b/c I've been critical of the band in the past but it's finally begging to "get it".

Our fans are really getting into as well with everyone standing up and doing our twirling our arms with while flashing our bulls hand-sign. It's a tradition in the making and the best part is that it happened by itself and was not forced down upon us by the media, student govt and administration.

The spinning, twirling Bulls-hand symbol while #8 plays is my absolute favorite pre-game tradition.  Plus, it's simple enough that little kids can do it too.

That, and shouting "s-o-u-t-h-f-l-o-r-i-d-a" during the fight song.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

Our fans are really getting into as well with everyone standing up and doing our twirling our arms with while flashing our bulls hand-sign.

Even the NC State fans noticed:

http://mb17.scout.com/fnorthcarolinastatefrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=51062.topic&start=561&stop=566

Author  Comment for: Official Bowl Game Thread  

chukm1

Waterboy

Re: Official Bowl Game Thread

Posted: 12/31/05 9:44:45 pm        

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the one thing that i've noticed in going to our away, home, and bowl games is that:

we, as fans, dont have a "calling card".

at the pep rally and game, we had no organization. the bulls had a neat matador theme where they thrust their hands forward.