• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New USF Campus At Lakeland To Open By 2010

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236
  • Days Won:  0

Kissimmee to Lakeland, why.  Worlds apart, considering that I-4 won't be done for years and even when it is done, Kissimmee is 20 minutes away from UCF via the 417.  Kissimmee is 45 minutes away from Lakeland via I-4.  Most people that live in Osceola County, ie Kissimmee, live no where near I-4, but much closer to the 417 and the Osceola Parkway.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Kissimmee to Lakeland, why.  Worlds apart, considering that I-4 won't be done for years and even when it is done, Kissimmee is 20 minutes away from UCF via the 417.  Kissimmee is 45 minutes away from Lakeland via I-4.  Most people that live in Osceola County, ie Kissimmee, live no where near I-4, but much closer to the 417 and the Osceola Parkway.

One extra hour of travel round trip to be a Bull instead of a Knight.  For some unknown reason, I can understand making this commitment for higher education every week day for 4-5 yrs.  LOL!  I'm joking Knight fans.

Anyway, personally I don't think any county that has schools that perform poorly deserve a state college in its jurisdiction.  I don't really care if the Top 10% of the student would be the only ones capable of attending that school.  The county must be punished for having a smallish tax base and have a "majority" of impoverished minorities living there.

I also wonder if I push my tongue against my cheek hard enuff will it break through.  Man, what a self righteous opinion to have.  Additionally, USF already has a Polk/Lakeland campus.  Its not like this is a brand new venture.  It just making a bigger commitment to the county.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

I agree with Smazz.  It's not going to be a good bang for the buck.  They're going to break away if they hit 10K.  Sorry for putting the screws to you over commuter college stereotyping.  Who cares if someone got their degree at a commuter college?  As long as that school has accreditation, and the students are being taught what they're supposed to know, then it's all good.  But I think Hitt would have put his money into the main campus.  The satelite locations that UCF maintains aren't much to holler at.  I've seen their course listings and heard them over the Closed Circuit TV network.  A lot of times they're just attending class remotely or going through FEEDS.  But all it does is give them another semester or two before they have to move out to our main campus.  

Guest S. Bien
I agree with Smazz.  It's not going to be a good bang for the buck.  They're going to break away if they hit 10K.  Sorry for putting the screws to you over commuter college stereotyping.  Who cares if someone got their degree at a commuter college?  As long as that school has accreditation, and the students are being taught what they're supposed to know, then it's all good.  But I think Hitt would have put his money into the main campus.  The satelite locations that UCF maintains aren't much to holler at.  I've seen their course listings and heard them over the Closed Circuit TV network.  A lot of times they're just attending class remotely or going through FEEDS.  But all it does is give them another semester or two before they have to move out to our main campus.  

Ha ha ha....boy of little knowledge...."DUH, I think Hitt woulda...."  You don't know what Hitt would have done.  First, a satellite campus such as this only increases the state funds.  The students on campus pay facilities fees, and reduced athletic fees.  The initial infrastructure is largely built from state funds, and grants.  These have become excellent investment opportunities for USF.  By the way, you do realize that if these schools ever go indie, then the state pays USF for the loss revenue, and lost assets.

The home campus of USF does not suffer in the least because of these outreach endeavors.  That's a misnomer, and a rumor you're trying to create.  Hitt would do the exact same thing if his charter allowed it.  But of course UF, and FSU must be wrong because they do the very same thing.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

Does UF and FSU have 10K student campus somewhere else than their main campuses.  What exactly is the difference between our school's charters.