• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New USF Campus At Lakeland To Open By 2010

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Pot meet kettle:

gold_floridahomereg4ed1.jpg

OMG!  Is that for real Leav?!  Knight fans?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

do people view UF as a commuter school?  They have more campuses than UCF...

I don't think the # of campuses has anything to do with it... its the atmosphere once on campus that matters.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Pot meet kettle:

gold_floridahomereg4ed1.jpg

You forgot one:

UCF at Magic Kingdom

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

That's just to funny Leav.  Good call.  This truly makes me chuckle.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

You act as if Lakeland is a hotbed for educational talent.  Polk County schools are some of the worst in the state.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

They are satelite offices where we use space generally from a community college.  It's not a full fledged 10K student endeavor which may break away.  I knew that we offered those things, and I know that UF does as well.  Heck I think we still run the engineering department for UNF.  But none of those locations have 515 acres of land.  It's not a pot and kettle thing.  However, here's the rub.  Adding 10K students from one of the worst performing regions of Florida is not gonna be conducive to your selectivity ratings.  Especially when it is 10K students who couldn't be bothered to change their locales to get a college education.  With all that said, I think that USF opening a campus out there will be a service to that community.  If USF wouldn't have stepped up to do it, then I would hope that UCF would have filled in.  But as it stands I think that Hitt wouldn't have approached it.  The emphasis is on enlarging our main campus, and getting an upper echelon of students.  But our goal should also be to serve the community and if USF hadn't undertaken this then maybe Hitt should have looked at it.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  420

They are satelite offices where we use space generally from a community college.  It's not a full fledged 10K student endeavor which may break away.  I knew that we offered those things, and I know that UF does as well.  Heck I think we still run the engineering department for UNF.  But none of those locations have 515 acres of land.  It's not a pot and kettle thing.  However, here's the rub.  Adding 10K students from one of the worst performing regions of Florida is not gonna be conducive to your selectivity ratings.  Especially when it is 10K students who couldn't be bothered to change their locales to get a college education.  With all that said, I think that USF opening a campus out there will be a service to that community.  If USF wouldn't have stepped up to do it, then I would hope that UCF would have filled in.  But as it stands I think that Hitt wouldn't have approached it.  The emphasis is on enlarging our main campus, and getting an upper echelon of students.  But our goal should also be to serve the community and if USF hadn't undertaken this then maybe Hitt should have looked at it.

Stop crying over spilled milk! ;D

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

How can you determine the intelect of individuals by where they are located geographically? I mean UCF is pretty close to Bithlo and that's a city often teased by most of Orlando (Hiney Winery in Bithlo).

You say these people wont change their local for an education? Who said they wouldnt? They are going somewhere now.

The USF campus gives them the option of NOT changing their location.

Besides, I believe that location will serve a good portion of Kissimmee which right now generally attends UCF.  

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

these satellite campus is an inefficent use of funds.the main campus should be built up.if you combine all money laid out for other usf campus and put inot main campus usf would be bigger than UF.

haven't several satellite broken away from USF.that is not getting bang for your buck

to my FTU fans: you made fun of our temporary football trailors since dayone but you teach college classes in rooms you rent from old ladies and other landlords in the back woods of florida.

i could see it now,ftu at celebration is a red school house that houses ftu and grades k-12 and you all have the same teacher but each grade has a different workbook