• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics: dropping the ball, big time.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

Rickster:

So that you are aware of what we have done to get students to the game, the package we offered to Student Bulls Club members was $105 for two nights hotel, bus transportation, game ticket, pre-game brunch, dinner Friday night, and dinner Saturday night.  The Student Government package was all but canceled due to a lack of interest.  Athletics took the ball and ran with it so that no student that wanted to go couldn't.  SG is paying for the bus so for $120, those kids are getting the same stuff listed above for SBC members.  You price it out and tell me if they aren't getting $300 worth of travel expenses paid for.

Eric

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I agree Eric, I think that both the SBC and SG had trips planed, We cant force students to go to the Bowl game but those whoi want to go are able to. I feel both Athletics and SG have done a good job. Keep up the Good work Eric.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

I think Athletics has done a great job so far for their first bowl expirience. They were the first to get packages in place, even for the possible Sugar Bowl. My only beef is that SG did not put forth the effort needed to get the Students out for the game. There were so many opportunities to get the students out, plan ahead, and get a great showing. Where Athletics succeeded, Sg fell, IMHO!   Reaper

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

I think athletics is doing the best they can with the resources they have.

As for all of the rutgers fans wearing the same shirt. They weren't. They were all wearing red, but they weren't shirts passed out by Rutgers. I was at the game in Rutgers. The majority wore red shirts to the game there but they weren't the same.

I could care less what every one wears as long as they show up and cheer. I might wear my green shirt or not. Out of the majority of my USF gear, only 2 shirts are green. The others are white, grey, or gold. And my sweatshirts are Gold or Grey. So weather will dictate what USF gear people can wear.

Just make sure you wear USF gear, I have seen douche bags at road games not wear any USF gear.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28

"Our attendance at this bowl is huge," South Florida coach Jim Leavitt said of the importance of a young program making inroads. "It will set a precedent.

"Our reputation and fan base as a program are on the rise. The number of fans that travel makes it a huge statement for our program. Green and gold needs to engulf Charlotte."

I expect 55,000 Wolfpackers have purchased tickets, <4,500 Bulls and around 6,000 others.  That leaves 8,000 tickets for drive-ups and those will sale for 1/2 price outside the stadium.  You still can attend or get friends or alumni to attend and wear green and gold.  It will be on ESPN2 for the world to see and 4,500 will not look good if you win the game by 35.  4,500 for a school in it's 1st bowl game with 40,000 undergraduates is pathetic; that would be pitiful if the game was in Alaska.  Recruits will notice and coach's will remind them.  I'm pulling for you to do well; call your neighbors and tell them tickets will be available outside the stadium.  Future bowls will remember too!  They'll want to deal USF.

Expect a RED and LOUD crowd much like it was in Jacksonville, FL in 2003.

Thats really impressive that NC state has sold so many tickets. I am glad they could make 1.5 hr drive to the game in their own state.

I'd say 55,000 RED in Jacksonville, FL in 2003 (i was on the 50 yard line), always 30,000 in Atlanta (all we can get), we only had 16,000 or so in Orlando but the game was on Dec. 23rd, a hard sale and the game was moved this year to after Christmas, an easier sale.  We only had around 13,000 in Miami (not the orange bowl but the Micron PC) and it was a fun drive down and back!  NCSU has about 28,000 undergraduates in school and I'm not one of them nor am I an alum.  Just a fan that has been to every bowl game over the last 25 years; not a rich one either.  I've driven to all of them; I've flown to a few regular season games.  I'll ride 3 hours to Charlotte too, just like I did to Miami with a stop over in Daytona and like I did directly to Tampa and Orlando!  GO PACK!!

Good for NC State.

But personally I could care less what NC State does.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77

I don't think its enough to just offer these packages to students either. More people knew about rutgers giving their kids the money to go than about the packages their own school is offering. How about some major advertising around campus and making going to the game the thing to do. Kids need to know about the deal they can get in order to take the package.